NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Favorites in SSC round 3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Briana Una Briana Una wrote:

Originally posted by Alex Grey Alex Grey wrote:

Surely this is like being asked which is your favourite child (or dog, in my case) - we all have a favourite in our hearts but it it would be heartless to say it out loud! :-D

Oh goodness, I hope nobody feels anything like that! I think, having got this far, we all have so, so much of which to be proud. Everyone’s stories were great! I think it does us all good, too, to see how different stories stood out for different folks — reminds us how subjective art is, and that one (or three) perspectives on a piece do not definitively define its worth. 

But yes, less seriously, I hear you! I feel like everyone deserves a high-five for their work.

I was being totally flippant - never take me that seriously!
Sponsored Links

Briana Una View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briana Una Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:48pm

Surely this is like being asked which is your favourite child (or dog, in my case) - we all have a favourite in our hearts but it it would be heartless to say it out loud! :-D

Oh goodness, I hope nobody feels anything like that! I think, having got this far, we all have so, so much of which to be proud. Everyone’s stories were great! I think it does us all good, too, to see how different stories stood out for different folks — reminds us how subjective art is, and that one (or three) perspectives on a piece do not definitively define its worth. 

But yes, less seriously, I hear you! I feel like everyone deserves a high-five for their work.

I was being totally flippant - never take me that seriously!

I figured! (But I worried about just that as I was posting the OP. So, mostly answering my own insecurity! You know.)
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:25am
"Congrats on the HM! I always enjoy your stories!" <- This was to the post starter, Briana! Maybe posted in the wrong spot? Nah! LOL

Happy to see so many amazing shared stories make it through, but always shocking to see which ones don't get a nod. Just shows you how tough this competition is here and as always, wish we could read ALL the stories! booo!

Congrats to all the winners! Loved reading this amazing round!

Edited by JanetM - 11 Jul 2019 at 9:36am
Briana Una View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briana Una Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:34am
Originally posted by JanetM JanetM wrote:

"Congrats on the HM! I always enjoy your stories!" <- This was to the post starter, Briana! Maybe posted in the wrong spot? Nah! LOL

Hey, thanks! Last year I was out in round 2; I am proud of how far I’ve come as a writer in a year! Now, to fix this story’s flaws and send it someplace...

JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:04am

Originally posted by JanetM JanetM wrote:

Hey, thanks! Last year I was out in round 2; I am proud of how far I’ve come as a writer in a year! Now, to fix this story’s flaws and send it someplace...

Last year I was PUMPED to make it to round 2! Round 3 is amazing! Clap You deserve the placing! 
 Best of luck with the submitting! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic