NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing Battle spring micro!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 53>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeHi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 1:25pm
HUGE fan of stories opening in another tab. My issue right now is that I tend to read on my Amazon Fire tablet, on which I am not able to manually open the stories in another tab - I 'long press' and there's NO "open in another tab" option - so if we went to the default open in same tab, I'd need to figure out how to open in a new tab from my preferred device; suggestions, anyone?

EDIT: I JUST tried it in my browser - Microsoft Edge - and I'm not able to open in new tab on here, either, so I don't know how others are doing it, but it's not working for me at all.

Edited by TeeHi - 04 Jun 2023 at 1:29pm
Mrsnetpro View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsnetpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by TeeHi TeeHi wrote:

HUGE fan of stories opening in another tab. My issue right now is that I tend to read on my Amazon Fire tablet, on which I am not able to manually open the stories in another tab - I 'long press' and there's NO "open in another tab" option - so if we went to the default open in same tab, I'd need to figure out how to open in a new tab from my preferred device; suggestions, anyone?

EDIT: I JUST tried it in my browser - Microsoft Edge - and I'm not able to open in new tab on here, either, so I don't know how others are doing it, but it's not working for me at all.

For Edge, hover over the link and instead of clicking on it right click and it will display "open in new tab"

TeeHi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeHi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Mrsnetpro Mrsnetpro wrote:

For Edge, hover over the link and instead of clicking on it right click and it will display "open in new tab"

That's how I always open in a new tab, but it doesn't work here for me. See the options I get; no "open in other tab" to be found, yet it is an option on other websites:

Edited by TeeHi - 04 Jun 2023 at 2:43pm
wisemel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 2:24pm
@Teehi, does holding down the ctrl button when you click work for you? 

@Max, that sounds like such a fun day!! 
TeeHi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeHi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by wisemel wisemel wrote:

I JUST tried it while holding down the Ctrl button, and I get the exact same thing as seen in the pic I posted above...It's no big right now since they open in another tab, but I'm concerned about when that is not the case.
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 5:50pm

Originally posted by wisemel wisemel wrote:

I JUST tried it while holding down the Ctrl button, and I get the exact same thing as seen in the pic I posted above...It's no big right now since they open in another tab, but I'm concerned about when that is not the case.

Thank you. I'm pretty sure this is just with how I implemented those links -- This should be an easy fix. I'll make sure it can be opened with a new tab before changing anything.
Mrsnetpro View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrsnetpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 6:49pm
Are you on a mac? I think that might be why you aren't seeing "new tab" when you right click. 
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Mrsnetpro Mrsnetpro wrote:

Are you on a mac? I think that might be why you aren't seeing "new tab" when you right click. 

It should be fixed now for her. It was the way that I implemented those links/buttons.
lousie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote lousie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:04am
I realised my house had shared a lot of stories on the debrief and I counted some others to compare, then got completely carried away. I am fairly embarrassed I did this when Max can do it in 20 seconds but you may as well enjoy my 30 mins of mental addition. Very high share rate all up. Disclaimer: done by brain not computer.

House Pictor in the lead, current Debrief Victors
Shyest house award goes to Kinsleye
And by a hair's breadth, the most engaged genre (in percentages) is Military Lampoon

MR 
Vopiscus 15/27=56%
Victus 14/27=52%
Catullus 16/26=62%
Dorso 15/26=58%
Arne 17/27=63% 
Vulso 13/26=50% 

Total: 90/159=56.6%

CON
Spinther 15/27=56%
Somerled  15/28=54% 
Kinsleye 11/27=41% 
Sigrid 13/28=46% 
Pictor 20/27=74% 

Total: 74/137=54.01%

ML
Rune 14/26=54%
Asellus 15/26=58%
Hathawaye 16/27=59%

Total: 45/79=56.96%

ED
Julus 12/25=48%
Eydis 13/24=54% 
Deadmane 14/25=56%
Flaccus 15/24=63%
Eburnus 13/25=52%

Total 67/123=54.47%

I really feel nerdy sharing this

Edited by lousie - 07 Jun 2023 at 4:40am
Rhyming R2 2023
[URL=https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic57213_post617020.html#617020[/URL]The Scent of a New Dawn
nickofnight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nickofnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:26am
Fantastic share rate. I hope someone at nycm sees this and takes note - I’d love to see more stories shared here and I think a lot of it comes down to how easy it is to share on WB. It’s a bit of a pain here and then you have to figure out your signature etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 53>