NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing Battle spring micro!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LisaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 9:54pm
I guess the good news is I’m equally screwed with any of them. Yikes. 
cford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 9:55pm
Holy genres , this will take some thinking. 
I can see the magical realism being popular
mustcoffee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mustcoffee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:04pm
Sitting on environmental drama right now, trying to decide if I want to risk rerolling and ending up with military lampoon...
R1, SS: Worth the Wait
R1,SS-2023 2nd pl.: Keeping Up Appearances
LisaBelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LisaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by mustcoffee mustcoffee wrote:

Sitting on environmental drama right now, trying to decide if I want to risk rerolling and ending up with military lampoon...

I’m sitting on military lampoon and afraid to risk changing it and ending up with environmental drama, lol
mustcoffee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mustcoffee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by LisaBelle LisaBelle wrote:

Originally posted by mustcoffee mustcoffee wrote:

I’m sitting on military lampoon and afraid to risk changing it and ending up with environmental drama, lol

haha, if only we could've swapped logins!

I ended up going for it and got magical realism which I am enthused about! 
R1, SS: Worth the Wait
R1,SS-2023 2nd pl.: Keeping Up Appearances
LisaBelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LisaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:12pm
I don’t even know which of these I want. I just know environmental drama and military lampoon would be my least favorite lol

I like magical realism in theory but it’s not in my wheelhouse and I bet it is in LOTS of other’s

Edited by LisaBelle - 05 May 2023 at 10:13pm
cford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:14pm
Super interested to see how the numbers break down afterwards.
Those who are brave and go with military lampoon might have much better odds...
LisaBelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LisaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by cford cford wrote:

Super interested to see how the numbers break down afterwards.
Those who are brave and go with military lampoon might have much better odds...

I actually have a sorta kinda idea for military lampoon but it could be really funny or really cringeworthy. 

Jacques321 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jacques321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:27pm
So I was wondering that. Does that mean that the numbers could be very skewed if lots of people with military lampoon switch and nobody with magical realism does? How does that work for the duels if you have a smaller number of people judging a really large group? I am a first-timer in case you couldn't tell. LOL
cford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:35pm
Max usually lets us know on here (after deadline has passed and all submissions are in) all the cool stats like how many in each group, how many stayed with their prompts and how many swapped. He will probably also say what that will mean.
I know a popular genre in a previous round had to add in a fifth round of judging instead of going straight to quarter finals so that the numbers could come down enough.
So if your genre is super popular you have to beat more stories!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 53>