NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing Battle spring micro!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote wisemel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Writing Battle spring micro!
    Posted: 05 May 2023 at 9:31am
Writing Battle spring micro starts today! Who else is participating? I can't wait to see what genres we get this time.
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:08am
Yep, looking forward to it! 500 words feels ideal - long enough for a decent story, but short enough that the judging won't take too long. As long as Max doesn't give us the genre 'holocaust comedy', it should be fun.
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:14am
Is it today? 500 isn't my favourite story length. Still, I hope the genres are interesting. I'll have to curb some of these contests. I'm at the stage when I'm shocked that they're starting. Confused
wisemel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wisemel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Nimhathuna Nimhathuna wrote:

Is it today? 500 isn't my favourite story length. Still, I hope the genres are interesting. I'll have to curb some of these contests. I'm at the stage when I'm shocked that they're starting. Confused

Yep! Prompts drop tonight at 10 pm EST. And I hear you... so many contests! I feel like I can't fit in everything I want to do. Might need some blinders to keep from looking at new ones.
LisaBelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote LisaBelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 10:44am
I’m in too. Can’t wait to see what the genres are. Please don’t put Holocaust comedy into the universe cause somehow our anxiety will end up manifesting it. And by “our”
I mean “my” 
Lulumacmac View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lulumacmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 1:12pm
I had forgotten I had signed up. First time doing it and eldest son’s birthday celebrations and street party for the coronation and my mum’s birthday this weekend. I don’t even know when the deadline is 🤦‍♀️ I am looking forward to it though and the different types of genres on offer 🙌
I will return overdue reads (so sorry!) I promise but I just need to take a break from NYCM for a bit. I will be back! Big love.
Evan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Evan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 2:04pm
Have they already sent out the prompts? I’d like to do this but not am I too let?
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 2:15pm
No, Evan. No prompts yet. You've time to register. The last time around, I left it until after the prompts. Totally forgot. I was still able to register. I just had less time to write. 
Evan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Evan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Nimhathuna Nimhathuna wrote:

No, Evan. No prompts yet. You've time to register. The last time around, I left it until after the prompts. Totally forgot. I was still able to register. I just had less time to write. 

Thank you!
bcartwheel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bcartwheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 4:17pm
Hello, I am new to this and can't locate where to sign up for this. Is it too late? Thanks for the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 53>