NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing a novel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Writing a novel?
    Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 7:21am
I thought that with so many of use writing novels, screenplays, and devoting so much of our lives to what can be thought of at times as thankless tasks, that some of you might be interested in this documentary; if only to justify our own existence.  It is not the easiest to get into, but once you start to get drawn in it is just one gasp after another, well, at least it was for me.  "Tim's Vermeer"

Edited by Suave - 20 Aug 2018 at 7:35am
Noel Alcoba View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noel Alcoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 11:50am
Five minutes in and I'm hooked already.  FASCINATING.
R1 Rhyme G48 Side-Kicked
R1 100 G59 Ripples 11th
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Noel Alcoba Noel Alcoba wrote:

Five minutes in and I'm hooked already.  FASCINATING.

It took longer than that for me.  Then I got hooked, lol.
Noel Alcoba View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noel Alcoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 5:16pm
Finished it. WOW, amazing.  Talk about perseverance!  

I actually forgot I was watching it FOR its parallels to taking on a 'thankless endeavor', like writing that novel only you care about. Watching an inventor's giddy discovery of centuries-old techniques was compelling.  And to witness Tim's realization that he COULD do it, AS he was doing it--incredible to see.  Thanks for sharing that.
R1 Rhyme G48 Side-Kicked
R1 100 G59 Ripples 11th
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Noel Alcoba Noel Alcoba wrote:

Finished it. WOW, amazing.  Talk about perseverance!  

I actually forgot I was watching it FOR its parallels to taking on a 'thankless endeavor', like writing that novel only you care about. Watching an inventor's giddy discovery of centuries-old techniques was compelling.  And to witness Tim's realization that he COULD do it, AS he was doing it--incredible to see.  Thanks for sharing that.

I could not help fell that the poor guy had a mental probem, but it does resonate through a writers life.
BeckyG515 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeckyG515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

I thought that with so many of use writing novels, screenplays, and devoting so much of our lives to what can be thought of at times as thankless tasks, that some of you might be interested in this documentary; if only to justify our own existence.  It is not the easiest to get into, but once you start to get drawn in it is just one gasp after another, well, at least it was for me.  "Tim's Vermeer"

Thank you for sharing. Impressive and inspiring story.
 Post Reply Post Reply