NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why some people don't post their stories

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeandcookies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why some people don't post their stories
    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 12:13am
This is mostly copy and paste of a reply I posted in a different thread:  someone asked why other people didn't post their stories. Well, for me, it took a while for me to figure out the forums. I assumed the official website would post people's stories and I'm only now just finding out they can't post your stories, you have to do it yoursel. Tongue

Also, I didn't realize this forum existed at first. I basically just paid for my entry fee on the main website and never looked at the foruums. I think a lot of people probably did the same thing. Then, when I found out about the forums, I still didn't post my story because I was afraid I might jinx myself somehow! Also, I felt the forums were a little bit hard for me to navigate through. Everything seems tiny and hard to click on and read in my opinion. 

Also, I have a colleague of mine that proofreads my writing for me and gives me advice, so I didn't need to ask strangers for advice necessarily. I also had my old English teacher from high school look at my story. I felt like she knew me best, so I felt comfortable asking her to read it for me instead of asking other people.
 Post Reply Post Reply