NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is final draft adding blank page at end??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why is final draft adding blank page at end??
    Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:39am

AARRGH I can't get final draft to delete this blank page at the end of my script. Thank god without the blank page it came to 13 pages. This is ridiculous, does anyone know why that's happening or how to fix? thanks!

Rusty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:44am
lets say you typed something then went and edited some stuff out from the start so everything following gets pulled up and you have space at the end.

Well FD thinks that you still have stuff on the blank page. It is frustrating.

Here's one trick, type something on the blank page and then hit backspace or delete and it will revert to the last page with text and disappear.

Try backspace before delete.

Hope this helps.
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:49am
Ugh, done but it didn't work. I was about to submit. Now I may spend until 11:59 trying to get rid of this blank page.
tomshipley View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomshipley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:51am
If you can't figure it out, I'm guessing the judges won't count the blank page as part of the page total.
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:51am
The handy PDF creator cut it out, whew...off to submit...I can't look at this thing anymore...
Rusty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:52am
ok another trick.

Go to the last scene and press enter taking it to the new page. Then backspace the heck out of it and go back.
crlncxn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crlncxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:55am
When I get that problem I copy the text I've written then paste it into a new Final Draft doc - but doing the PDF thing works too.   
sck5000 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sck5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:56am
I hope you are at least appreciating the irony that so many writers get defeated by the blank page before they begin... but you are getting defeated by one at the end.

You're in my heat, so naturally I feel compelled to warn you that the judges count blank pages at the end of scripts as weird margin formatting and automatically disqualify you. You had better forgo doing any editing whatsoever and really tackle that blank page issue.

(I am gonna start my script any second now, I can feel it)

Edited by sck5000 - 21 Jul 2007 at 11:00am
Rusty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:57am
Excellent! Phew!

With all the black belts and addicts away, I feel like a temp in an hospital emergency room trying to help out people with their hands stuck in the teapot and unmentionables caught in zippers.
Rusty View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 10:58am
Dr. Coxon, glad you are here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic