NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why can't we see the winning round 2 stories?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirlynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why can't we see the winning round 2 stories?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:13am
I've participated in the flash fiction and short screenplay challenges this year and noticed that although the results are posted for the first round complete with titles and synopses, for the second round only the winning names and scores are published, not the corresponding winning titles. Is there a reason for this? I always try to go through the master lists after the first round results are posted so I can read as many winners as possible, but they make it impossible in the second round, and I don't understand why...
If there is something I'm missing I'd appreciate any enlightenment on the subject!
LondonZach View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LondonZach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:30pm
Are you saying they've already published the titles of the stories that are through to Round 2? I thought that was not to be announced until Wednesday?
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:26pm
Hey @LondonZach: challenge #3 is currently underway. They already sent the results for the challenge #2 stories this past Wednesday. Linking it here: http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/ShSC/1stRound2020_Ch2Results.htm

And @mirlynne, I think that's just the quirk of how this contest is structured. In previous contests I've entered, only the challenge #1 stories had full results posted with titles & synopses, with the second challenge just showing point totals and "who moves on." I guess it'd be more work for NYCM to do that. However, you can still cross-check the forums and see if any of the higher-scoring challenge #2 stories were shared. You might need to peek at the challenge #1 link first, see the names of the people who scored, and then connect those titles/usernames to the challenge #2 stories that were shared. Speaking for myself, that's what I did! Hope this helps.

-EJ
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by LondonZach LondonZach wrote:

Are you saying they've already published the titles of the stories that are through to Round 2? I thought that was not to be announced until Wednesday?

Hey Zach, are you thinking of the microfiction contest? That one will be Wednesday. 
LondonZach View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LondonZach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:12pm
Whoops, yes the Microfiction is what I was referring to. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic