NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whoops - Put my name on the my title page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JameyCodding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whoops - Put my name on the my title page
    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:22am
So, full disclosure: I'm a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, and as they were getting ready to kick off their first playoff game in 18 years hours before the deadline for round 3 of the short screenplay challenge, I sent my screenplay in without giving it one final look.

Yesterday, I pulled up the PDF I sent and was stunned to see that, in my distracted state, I accidentally put my name on the title page. Craaaap.

I sent an email to feedback@nycmidnight.com telling them what happened and asking if this would be a problem. I haven't heard back yet. I'm really hoping this doesn't disqualify me automatically from this round.

Hoping someone else has a similar previous experience and will tell me it's no big deal...? 
Read my Challenge #1 Screenplay: "Mitch Makes Six". Will Chessa's mom take another boyfriend from her?
TheMarkCooper View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMarkCooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 12:16am
I don't know. I'm sorry that's of no help but I felt bad that no one has replied. 
ShScreenplayFairyTale/Rom Com
ShStory2021=Suspense
JameyCodding View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JameyCodding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 10:36am
I appreciate the reply. I eventually heard back from the NYC Midnight team.

If anyone else did this or has done it, FYI: The penalty for including your name in your screenplay is "only a minor penalty of a few points off your total score," and not a disqualification.

I'm just hoping it doesn't cost me a chance to get into the final round.
Read my Challenge #1 Screenplay: "Mitch Makes Six". Will Chessa's mom take another boyfriend from her?
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 9:24pm
Fingers crossed for you, Jamey! And thanks for sharing what you've learned from NYCM. 

BTW: I'm sure you're really happy that the Browns have gotten their first playoff W since '94! Maybe you can carry that luck into the finals, even with your name on the title page Wink
Y'all are so talented!
Short Story CH1 (Political Satire)
Short Screenplay CH3 (Rom-Com)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic