NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who else is signing up for the Globe Soup course?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who else is signing up for the Globe Soup course?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wisemel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who else is signing up for the Globe Soup course?
    Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:40pm
Globe Soup is launching a writing course, and it sounds amazing! It's 18 weeks of writing lessons (weekly PDFs) which you use to workshop a short story. At the end of the course portion, you have a month to finish up your story and then you submit to the contest. All entries will receive feedback from the judges.

So it's a course + a contest + feedback.

The early bird pricing is £29.99 (which works out to about $49 CAD or $37 USD). That's a steal.

The folks at Globe Soup are amazing so I'm pretty confident this will be a great program. (Note: I'm not affiliated with them at all, I just think they're a great resource doing wonderful things.)

Kay_H View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kay_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 1:56pm
I am!

I've been doing Globe Soup comps for a while now and they're really good value. I'm sure the writing course will be informative and you get to write a story at the end of it, using what you've learnt.

Although I think I already know most of the 'rules' - just have a hard time incorporating them.
wisemel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Veronica Violet Veronica Violet wrote:

I am!

I've been doing Globe Soup comps for a while now and they're really good value. I'm sure the writing course will be informative and you get to write a story at the end of it, using what you've learnt.

Although I think I already know most of the 'rules' - just have a hard time incorporating them.

Yeah, I feel like I may not get a lot of new-to-me "rules", but this will get me to focus in on each one to make sure I'm actually incorporating important tips, and I'll practice spending a longer time polishing a piece. I could definitely work on both these things! 

bdemoney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bdemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:37pm
I just signed up! Think this should be fun and interesting. I like that we can learn and compete! :) It also gave me a coupon code when I signed up and saves you 10%! Code: GROUPSOUP - 10
Pages View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 2:48pm
I just signed up :)

There's always room for improvement in my writing and entering a contest as well? Yes please!

Thanks @Wisemel for posting about it :)
whimsicalweasel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whimsicalweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 3:39pm
I did. I’m horrible at following through with these though, so we will see.
Lulumacmac View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lulumacmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 4:24pm
This looks great! Thank you for sharing ❤️
I will return overdue reads (so sorry!) I promise but I just need to take a break from NYCM for a bit. I will be back! Big love.
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 4:28pm
Mebbe. It looks good. And as it's pdf-based, it's schedule-friendly.
Anthea123 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anthea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2023 at 10:11pm
I saw this and was thinking about it - this may be the nudge I need!
BabyLemonade View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyLemonade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:33am
Thanks for that. I’ve just signed up 👍🏻
Rhyming Story R1: The Hand that Knocks the Cradle
Rhyming Story Final: Of Mountains and Mice
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>