NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHERE ARE YOU?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHERE ARE YOU?!
    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:29pm

WoW! At least one story in almost all of the 61-125 groups has been posted.

Where are are you groups -62, 74, & 83?

There are SO many amazing sounding stories! Great work peeps.
Sponsored Links

Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:44pm
If anyone is afraid to post, just do it; before you can think about it anymore, just close your eyes and click! I know, easier said than done. I was super nervous to post my story this round, and I've been doing these contests for several years--and I still get nervous. I just wasn't sure if it was any good, but who cares? That's what I reminded myself when I closed my eyes and clicked (and then the forum didn't work and I took it as a sign, but never mind that).

Everyone here is really helpful, this is a great community of fantastic and wickedly talented people, and criticism is constructive and almost always serves the story if you want to polish it and send it out into the world.

So please post! Share your magical mind creations. No one bites (and if they do we bite back). xx
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

If anyone is afraid to post, just do it; before you can think about it anymore, just close your eyes and click! I know, easier said than done. I was super nervous to post my story this round, and I've been doing these contests for several years--and I still get nervous. I just wasn't sure if it was any good, but who cares? That's what I reminded myself when I closed my eyes and clicked (and then the forum didn't work and I took it as a sign, but never mind that).

Everyone here is really helpful, this is a great community of fantastic and wickedly talented people, and criticism is constructive and almost always serves the story if you want to polish it and send it out into the world.

So please post! Share your magical mind creations. No one bites (and if they do we bite back). xx

That's what I did wrong!  I closed my eyes and clicked three times, suddenly everything was black and white and I was on a sound stage that looked like Kansas!  Kansas is bad (not that bad; I've driven through it) but a sound stage in southern California?  *shudder*
This Sig Intentionally Blank
NatalieJames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatalieJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:22pm
I actually haven't received the go-ahead to post email. Maybe others are in a similar boat?
NatalieJames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NatalieJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by NatalieJames NatalieJames wrote:

I actually haven't received the go-ahead to post email. Maybe others are in a similar boat?

Nevermind. A black hole formed behind my house yesterday and my brain fell in.
iheartliving View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iheartliving Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:07pm
I don't know if I'm asking this in the correct spot, but I posted my mystery from Group 120 under a new topic in the Flash Fiction Forum early this morning.  I think I have the format correct and everything, but my story is still not showing up with a link on the master list.  What am I doing wrong? I am 100% it's something I've done incorrectly.  Thank you so much for organizing all of this!  :) 
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:11pm
I'm only missing GROUP 5!!
Flash 2019 CH1 GR3 Sew Out of Time (Sci-Fi)
Flash 2019 CH2 GR3 A Tale of Two Tails (Fantasy)
ReaderWriterRagan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReaderWriterRagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:11pm
74 is here!! Check out our Story "Atlas" posted in the Review Forum! (Search Atlas or 74) Come on other 74-ers! We took the first leap, you can do it! :D 
OnyxLily View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnyxLily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:18am
Originally posted by iheartliving iheartliving wrote:

I don't know if I'm asking this in the correct spot, but I posted my mystery from Group 120 under a new topic in the Flash Fiction Forum early this morning.  I think I have the format correct and everything, but my story is still not showing up with a link on the master list.  What am I doing wrong? I am 100% it's something I've done incorrectly.  Thank you so much for organizing all of this!  :) 

The person managing your section of master list manually creates the links on the master list. So depending how your Timezone matches to theirs, and how many they need to catch up on, it can take a few hours. :) 
Littledaylight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littledaylight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 3:32am
Originally posted by iheartliving iheartliving wrote:

Hey! After you create the post in the forum with your story, you have to copy the link to that forum post, then paste that link (along with your title and heat #)  into a reply to the master list you're trying to get on. That's where the person managing the list is going to find you... On the reply to the master list you belong to. 

**Edit: looks like you figured all that out already. Hey, I tried clicking the link though and it didn't work. Can you post it as a regular link instead of a hyperlink? Whoever manages the master list will change it to a hyperlink. You know what? If you need some help feel free to message me:)

Edited by Littledaylight - 19 Jul 2019 at 3:37am
Littledaylight
Flash Fiction
Round 2: "Fever" https://forums.nycmidnight.com/r2-g115-historical-fiction-fever_topic23220.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic