NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When do we get results?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:25am
The agreement is the binding contract.  So Wednesday is the date they are committed to. If they erroneously put Tuesday in the email, they'll prolly try - but remember that they have another competition that ran this weekend, and will be dealing with the entries from that tomorrow morning, so the chances of being 'ahead of schedule' on something else seem slim
Trond24 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trond24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:25pm
Hiya Nixie,

>>The agreement is the binding contract.  So Wednesday is the date they are committed to. If they erroneously put Tuesday in the email, they'll prolly try...

Actually, it's the reverse.
I just verified in the agreement it says the 12th! Section 21, here:
http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/FFC/Official%20Rules%20and%20Participation%20Agreement%20FFC2017.pdf

Surprising because to my recollection it has ALWAYS been the Wednesday.
I suspect they got the calendar wrong and we either just do not hear Tuesday midnight, or we get an email saying they messed it up and we'll be getting it Wednesday. :-P

-Trond

"Every time I think I've seen it all, a person comes along and objects to the mistreatment of rubber chickens."
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:51pm
What is one more day, really? Huh?

HUH?

WHAT'S ONE MORE DAY OF WAITING? 

RAAAAARRRGGH!!!!
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Trond24 Trond24 wrote:

Hiya Nixie,

>>The agreement is the binding contract.  So Wednesday is the date they are committed to. If they erroneously put Tuesday in the email, they'll prolly try...

Actually, it's the reverse.
I just verified in the agreement it says the 12th! Section 21, here:
http://www.nycmidnight.com/Competitions/FFC/Official%20Rules%20and%20Participation%20Agreement%20FFC2017.pdf

Surprising because to my recollection it has ALWAYS been the Wednesday.
I suspect they got the calendar wrong and we either just do not hear Tuesday midnight, or we get an email saying they messed it up and we'll be getting it Wednesday. :-P

-Trond

Thanks Trond - I must have misread the quote on it from an earlier post - or mislaid/overlaid the traditional-wednesday history as well. :)  

Despite my detail error, the core statement stands - the contract is where their calendar should be coming from, and in a busy SSC week, I doubt they will be 'ahead' on anything.   I think I am gonna go work, and life, and stuff, and just wait til i see the email come in.... ;)

patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 3:41pm
The email is always the final word.  Go with what was in your email confirmation.  
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:02pm
Do you guys want to take (pretend) bets on it? My money says the results will come in on Wednesday night/Thursday morning at around 12:10 AM EST. 
BenFJackson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BenFJackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:58pm
From NYCM

Sorry for any confusion! The results will be announced by 11:59PM EST on Wednesday, December 13th. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. Sorry again for the confusion and good luck!
MegOverman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MegOverman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by BenFJackson BenFJackson wrote:

From NYCM

Sorry for any confusion! The results will be announced by 11:59PM EST on Wednesday, December 13th. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. Sorry again for the confusion and good luck!

Fine. That's fine. I've had randomly terrible luck today. I think I'd *rather* hear tomorrow. When my good luck returns.

I tell myself.
Have a glass of wine and take it like a writer.

R1 - A Waste of Stars (Drama)
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by BenFJackson BenFJackson wrote:

From NYCM

Well, this means I'll be checking my phone in the middle of my office holiday party. It's in a pub, so perfect location to get news either good (more drinks for celebrating!) or bad (more drinks for drowning my sorrows).
Good luck everyone!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Lookit There Lookit There wrote:

[/QUOTE]

Well, this means I'll be checking my phone in the middle of my office holiday party. It's in a pub, so perfect location to get news either good (more drinks for celebrating!) or bad (more drinks for drowning my sorrows).
Good luck everyone!
[/QUOTE]

Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>