NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you get for round 3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichmondRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 3:50am
Sci-fi/ a repairman/ a promotion.
I don’t think I will be troubling the scorers. 
I detest sci-fi, it normally seems to me like some other genre set in another galaxy. But then, I don’t really like the concept of genre at all. It’s a miracle that I got this far ....
And why the reduced word count? Why does short story transform into flash fiction at the halfway mark? It’s like changing from football to tennis at half time.
And what is it with the synopsis? What’s that got to do with anything?
There .... I just thought I’d come out with the bitter and twisted stuff before I officially lose.

Seriously though ... good luck to everyone. It’s an honour to be in such company.
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by RichmondRoad RichmondRoad wrote:

Sci-fi/ a repairman/ a promotion.
I don’t think I will be troubling the scorers. 
I detest sci-fi, it normally seems to me like some other genre set in another galaxy. But then, I don’t really like the concept of genre at all. It’s a miracle that I got this far ....
And why the reduced word count? Why does short story transform into flash fiction at the halfway mark? It’s like changing from football to tennis at half time.
And what is it with the synopsis? What’s that got to do with anything?
There .... I just thought I’d come out with the bitter and twisted stuff before I officially lose.

Seriously though ... good luck to everyone. It’s an honour to be in such company.

Well, they had to cram a third round in between 2 and final, though why the cut wasn't to 1750 instead of forcing the final round to be flash I don't know.
SSC 2020 R3 G1: Hermitage
MF100 R1: Minder
OctoJulz View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OctoJulz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 8:32pm
I landed in Heat 3: Ghost Story / Animal Trainer / A Compromise 

What up, heat mates! @ophelialit74 and @SugarStripes

I'm a fan of ghost stories, but this was my first time writing one. Looking forward to reading how other's interpreted the prompt! :D
Lucie-Bee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucie-Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 1:58pm
I'm in Heat 3: Ghost story / an animal trainer / compromise

I've never made it this far before -- and it was an intense 48 hours that felt more like 12. Never tried this genre before and must admit, I enjoyed it!

Best of luck to everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic