NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you get for round 3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthernPixels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 7:23pm
That is real spooky! 

Good luck heat-mate! 
SS R2 (Fantasy) - A DEVIL'S DAUGHTER

SS R3 (Sci-fi) - ERROR AND DECEASED

ericthemed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericthemed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:17pm
This is my heat, too. I've never made it this far, so I'm in uncharted territory. I wrote like a fiend yesterday and today, and I actually had two stories in the hopper at one point before settling on one. Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericthemed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

Heat 1, suspense, an appointment, a cat owner.

I can work with this.

I'm such a forum noob. I meant to quote this post in my post above. I got suspense/an appointment/a cat owner.
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by ericthemed ericthemed wrote:

This is my heat, too. I've never made it this far, so I'm in uncharted territory. I wrote like a fiend yesterday and today, and I actually had two stories in the hopper at one point before settling on one. Good luck!

I do not know how people get two stories done. I almost never have time to even edit in detail. Round 2 I barely got in under the deadline.
SSC 2020 R3 G1: Hermitage
MF100 R1: Minder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericthemed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:45pm

I do not know how people get two stories done. I almost never have time to even edit in detail. Round 2 I barely got in under the deadline.
[/QUOTE]

No one said they were good. haha

I had two really good ideas and just threw them together. Had a general idea when I needed to stop, but not strict on word counts. Then I let me wife read them and tell me which one to go to work on.

I have older kids, and there's a pandemic...easy to find the time.

Have to admit, I usually toss and turn after getting the prompt, and ideas are racing through my head.
ophelialit74 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ophelialit74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:33pm
So, for Round 3, I got Heat 3, aaaaaand my fave genre ever: Ghost Story! 

Ghost Story
Compromise
Animal Trainer

Reviewing for the very last time and submitting; I'm exhausted, but this one was fun. :-) 
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:45pm

No one said they were good. haha

I had two really good ideas and just threw them together. Had a general idea when I needed to stop, but not strict on word counts. Then I let me wife read them and tell me which one to go to work on.

I have older kids, and there's a pandemic...easy to find the time.

Have to admit, I usually toss and turn after getting the prompt, and ideas are racing through my head.

I have NOTHING to do (except take the dogs out; I swear my beagle's bladder is the size of a pinto bean), and I never finish except at the last minute. 
SSC 2020 R3 G1: Hermitage
MF100 R1: Minder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericthemed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by ophelialit74 ophelialit74 wrote:

Ghost Story
Compromise
Animal Trainer

Reviewing for the very last time and submitting; I'm exhausted, but this one was fun. :-) 

If you got through that prompt without making one Tiger King/Carole Baskin reference, you are my hero! :)
ophelialit74 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ophelialit74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:59pm

Originally posted by ophelialit74 ophelialit74 wrote:

Ghost Story
Compromise
Animal Trainer

If you got through that prompt without making one Tiger King/Carole Baskin reference, you are my hero! :)

Ha! That's too funny....as soon as I saw the prompt, I texted my sister that I thought I had the perfect sequel to Joe & Carole's saga! Happily, I came up with a slightly better idea. LOL
Sugar Stripes View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugar Stripes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:31pm
I'm also in H3, the Ghost story/compromise/an animal trainer group. 

I gotta admit, Friday and yesterday I was really frustrated trying to come up with a good idea. My round 1 genre was ghost story too, and then my theme for round 2 was haunted! HOW MANY GHOSTY THINGS CAN ONE WRITER THINK UP DANGIT.

But it started to gel up late last night, and then I spent today editing. So in the end it was okay. I'm sure there will be even stiffer competition this round, with so many great writers here. :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic