NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you get for round 3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snarkmaiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you get for round 3?
    Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:29am
I don't see a thread for this, so I'm starting one for the SSC round three-ers.

I'm in group 4 - comedy / a shopping spree / a teacher.

Which is weirdly close to my first ever NYCM prompt which was comedy / a midlife crisis / an art teacher...
juliaro View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 10:10am
historical fiction / hypocrisy / a playwright 

finally....a sensible set of objects! i've wanted historical fiction for a while, so i'm pretty pleased about this. 
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 10:27am
Heat 1, suspense, an appointment, a cat owner.

I can work with this.
SSC 2020 R3 G1: Hermitage
MF100 R1: Minder
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 12:57pm
Romcom. Which I'm neither here nor there about, but was over the moon at 5am when I saw I hadn't got horror or pol-sat. 
StayUpLateCreate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StayUpLateCreate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 1:22pm
Heat 6--Sci-Fi, a promotion, a repairman. 

It's a bit eery, because I got Sci-Fi in the first round and wrote about a repairman and a promotion in the second round for a spy story. My previous stories are intersecting in the third round. 
Cass
mhelgens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhelgens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

I can work with this.

We're heatmates! I like the prompts. They're vague enough to take in a lot of directions, but unique enough to be inspiring. However, the weather is perfect, and I am finding myself extremely distracted by the beautiful outdoors! The story idea I settled on is dark, and the light, colorful springtime is not helping me get to a dark place. I've been calling the muses, but they too are out enjoying the sunshine. HELP.
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 2:30pm
Good luck everyone! I'll be rooting for you all from the sidelines :) 
StayUpLateCreate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote StayUpLateCreate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Good luck everyone! I'll be rooting for you all from the sidelines :) 

Thank you!
Cass
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by mhelgens mhelgens wrote:

Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

I can work with this.

We're heatmates! I like the prompts. They're vague enough to take in a lot of directions, but unique enough to be inspiring. However, the weather is perfect, and I am finding myself extremely distracted by the beautiful outdoors! The story idea I settled on is dark, and the light, colorful springtime is not helping me get to a dark place. I've been calling the muses, but they too are out enjoying the sunshine. HELP.

Tell me about it! It should have been raining today, not tomorrow. I have a first sentence, anyway...

I think this will be my first real genre-blender since I never get the ones I really want, historical and spy, and suspense lends itself to those anyway. My cats are all smug, too.  
SSC 2020 R3 G1: Hermitage
MF100 R1: Minder
mhelgens View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhelgens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:47pm
[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it! It should have been raining today, not tomorrow. I have a first sentence, anyway...

I think this will be my first real genre-blender since I never get the ones I really want, historical and spy, and suspense lends itself to those anyway. My cats are all smug, too.  
[/QUOTE]

I always hope for horror or thriller, and suspense lends itself well to those as well. Actually, now that you mention it... Aren't all good stories suspenseful? I'm moving along now that I've locked myself in my room and closed the blinds. Maybe I'll play some rain noises too, just to help set the mood. Best of luck! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic