NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Did You Get for Round 2?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lex Pearson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Hi Dashes! Hi KelsNotChels!! Power to group 14!!

Yeah, well, to me the wild thing is that you can't get too historical with a parking meter. I guess there won't be too many stories about the ancient Mayans! I don't think. Did they park? Ermm

HA HA, Dashes, the prompts do seem boring. Like, "I was walking down the street, and I passed a newsstand, and then there was a parking meter. Oh, and it was a historical hike. The end." Unhappy LOL Oh no. We're screwed. 

Right, Kels Not  Chels, go us!! We can rock this!! Woo hoo!! I love your outlook!! Go group # 14!! 

Y'all wanna switch? I also got historical fiction- a blacksmith's shop/ a bench. Would kill for a newsstand tbh
Seven View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:46pm
Group 10

Action/Adventure, a sailboat, sunglasses

Feeling slightly seasick. 

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Lex Pearson Lex Pearson wrote:

Yeah, well, to me the wild thing is that you can't get too historical with a parking meter. I guess there won't be too many stories about the ancient Mayans! I don't think. Did they park? Ermm

HA HA, Dashes, the prompts do seem boring. Like, "I was walking down the street, and I passed a newsstand, and then there was a parking meter. Oh, and it was a historical hike. The end." Unhappy LOL Oh no. We're screwed. 

Right, Kels Not  Chels, go us!! We can rock this!! Woo hoo!! I love your outlook!! Go group # 14!! 

Y'all wanna switch? I also got historical fiction- a blacksmith's shop/ a bench. Would kill for a newsstand tbh

LOL Oh my gosh, I feel your pain. But go for glory! You can do it!! Clap
Lynne M View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lynne M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:26pm
Sorry-wrong thread!

Edited by Lynne M - 17 Oct 2020 at 5:27pm
http://tinyurl.com/y9upqv9e] GoodLuck
Lynne M View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lynne M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:28pm
Oh-a student that is in the country illegally that attends a catholic school. When they are discovered, they seek sanctuary in the church (because the classrooms are located inside the church). Sorry-thinking our loud ๐Ÿ˜‚
http://tinyurl.com/y9upqv9e] GoodLuck
Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 5:30pm
For those who got historical fiction/parking meter, be creative!  I had voting booth last round and instead of using a machine or even a paper method I used a private place (tree trunk) and items (branches and acorns) to cast a vote.

Someone in Africa can โ€˜parkโ€™ their camel in front of any device used to keep time.
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:06pm
Group 9 - Suspense, Watchtower, Pig

I've done what I always do with Suspense and pretend it says 'Thriller'. No judge has ever yet gotten into the weeds with me about how much the audience vs the protagonist knows Smile

Draft one complete so I'll sleep a little more soundly for that. Hope you're all doing great!
Short Screenplay R1: Release (Sci Fi)
Flash Fiction R3:One Step From Dead (Suspense)
SLSingleton View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLSingleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by ash101_49 ash101_49 wrote:

I so glad you started this thread because I've got a question about mine I'm hoping someone can answer:

I got drama/an audition/a keyboard

And outside the boringness of those prompts, how is an audition a location? Couldn't an audition happen anywhere? It's an action not a place. Or am I nuts?! 

I have the same prompt!!! An audition is something you go to AND an action...not a place! music auditions for instance can be online, in a gym, in a church, in an auditorium, etc. Acting auditions are the same thing. Want to stretch it and say it's a job interview (which is kind of like an audition)...same thing! ANYWHERE!

Read my Flash Fiction 2020 Challenge 3 Story - Where There's a Will... [URL=https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic36620_post386608.html#386608[/URL]
dashesndots2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashesndots2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Lex Pearson Lex Pearson wrote:

I would gladly switch with you!

I've got about 300 words...at least it's something.
ramblejamble View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblejamble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by SLSingleton SLSingleton wrote:

Originally posted by ash101_49 ash101_49 wrote:

I so glad you started this thread because I've got a question about mine I'm hoping someone can answer:

I got drama/an audition/a keyboard

And outside the boringness of those prompts, how is an audition a location? Couldn't an audition happen anywhere? It's an action not a place. Or am I nuts?! 

I have the same prompt!!! An audition is something you go to AND an action...not a place! music auditions for instance can be online, in a gym, in a church, in an auditorium, etc. Acting auditions are the same thing. Want to stretch it and say it's a job interview (which is kind of like an audition)...same thing! ANYWHERE!

Hi heatmates! I groaned when I saw Drama.... but I do kinda like the vagueness of the audition prompt!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic