NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Did You Get for Round 2?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by wet moss wet moss wrote:

Got 
Suspense, watchtower, pig 
as well. Now worried my idea is the obvious one and there will be 5 similar stories. Might need to drag in an alien or a dinosour to stand out. 

If you *have* an idea, you're three steps ahead of me. I had one, but it went nowhere. Currently fighting panic. Ugh. 
Calantha View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calantha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Lex Pearson Lex Pearson wrote:

Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Hi Dashes! Hi KelsNotChels!! Power to group 14!!

Yeah, well, to me the wild thing is that you can't get too historical with a parking meter. I guess there won't be too many stories about the ancient Mayans! I don't think. Did they park? Ermm

HA HA, Dashes, the prompts do seem boring. Like, "I was walking down the street, and I passed a newsstand, and then there was a parking meter. Oh, and it was a historical hike. The end." Unhappy LOL Oh no. We're screwed. 

Right, Kels Not  Chels, go us!! We can rock this!! Woo hoo!! I love your outlook!! Go group # 14!! 

Y'all wanna switch? I also got historical fiction- a blacksmith's shop/ a bench. Would kill for a newsstand tbh

Wooo I found a heatmate! I kind of love our prompts? This is my first NCYM challenge, and the last 2 rounds I got doozies (Pol sat/ pub/ rolling pin, then horror/ underwater trench/ gummy candy) so I'm excited to have an object I don't have to awkwardly wedge into the story! 
kareeve17 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kareeve17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:46am
Originally posted by ramblejamble ramblejamble wrote:

Originally posted by SLSingleton SLSingleton wrote:

Originally posted by ash101_49 ash101_49 wrote:

I so glad you started this thread because I've got a question about mine I'm hoping someone can answer:

I got drama/an audition/a keyboard

And outside the boringness of those prompts, how is an audition a location? Couldn't an audition happen anywhere? It's an action not a place. Or am I nuts?! 

I have the same prompt!!! An audition is something you go to AND an action...not a place! music auditions for instance can be online, in a gym, in a church, in an auditorium, etc. Acting auditions are the same thing. Want to stretch it and say it's a job interview (which is kind of like an audition)...same thing! ANYWHERE!

Hi heatmates! I groaned when I saw Drama.... but I do kinda like the vagueness of the audition prompt!

Fellow Group One-er here Big smile
I agree with everything that's been noted here. I'm trying my best to be creative AND have in-depth characters AND a unique plot AND...and I'm currently 355 words over my limit and my plot is meh *sigh of defeat* Wishing you all the best!! 
Tarikin6ix View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarikin6ix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Lex Pearson Lex Pearson wrote:

Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Hi Dashes! Hi KelsNotChels!! Power to group 14!!

Yeah, well, to me the wild thing is that you can't get too historical with a parking meter. I guess there won't be too many stories about the ancient Mayans! I don't think. Did they park? Ermm

HA HA, Dashes, the prompts do seem boring. Like, "I was walking down the street, and I passed a newsstand, and then there was a parking meter. Oh, and it was a historical hike. The end." Unhappy LOL Oh no. We're screwed. 

Right, Kels Not  Chels, go us!! We can rock this!! Woo hoo!! I love your outlook!! Go group # 14!! 

Y'all wanna switch? I also got historical fiction- a blacksmith's shop/ a bench. Would kill for a newsstand tbh

I'm with you in group 6 :) second Hist Fic pull in a row, but not my favourite...good luck!!
FF2020 R1 - Abduction - http://bitly.ws/9CdA

FF2020 R2 - Vaut son Prix - http://bitly.ws/9CdE
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 2:12am
Originally posted by DocI DocI wrote:

I would 100% locate the hotel in Frankfurt am Main so that literally every person in the story is a Frankfurter. Smile

That actually occurred to me but I thought it was a bit of a stretch. Do the judges reward blatant cheek?
OnyxLily View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnyxLily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:56am
Originally posted by bluevervain bluevervain wrote:

Political satire. A classroom. A fake identification card. This is basically my nightmare prompt. 

Hi heatmate!

I'm one of those weirdos who quite like pol-sat, and funnily enough I was working at the New Zealand election yesterday when the prompts came through. Looking forward to reading what you came up with!
OnyxLily View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnyxLily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 4:57am
Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Originally posted by bluevervain bluevervain wrote:

Political satire. A classroom. A fake identification card. This is basically my nightmare prompt. 

Hi heatmate! I hope this weekend is kind to you and brings you many good words <3

Hey taaaylor, I think this is the first time we've been heatmates. Looking forward to reading your story!
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:13am
Group 7: Thriller, Cement Plant and Kneepads.

This is NOT my first rodeo wearing kneepads- I mean, getting it as a prompt. That's kind of weird. Am I right?

I think Thriller is fun, but hard to make original? I'm trying!  LOL
Ch3 Gr7 Flash
Deep Calming Breaths

JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:17am
Originally posted by rthomas rthomas wrote:

Thriller - a cement plant - kneepads.

I have zero ideas that don't involve bodies buried in cement. I think I'm going to really be relying on the betas...!!! 

Good luck everyone! 

Hey groupmate! LOLon the bodies! Of course, where my mind went immediately. Look forward to reading your story. 
Ch3 Gr7 Flash
Deep Calming Breaths

Phobos View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phobos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:50am
I got to sit at home not writing anything because I didn't make it to Round 2.
Fear is a powerful motivator. To some, it is a god.
SSC20 C1
FFC19 C2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic