NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you get, and how do you feel about it?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you get, and how do you feel about it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thesaura73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 8:45pm
Since every comp is an experiment, think I will just settle on the one idea I have put any effort into and see what happens! I think it might be too obvious but that's OK.
SC R1 - Hothouse Flowers (Mystery)
SS Ch1 - A Curated Experience (Suspense)
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:02pm
**I can't figure out my formatting for this... it changes when I hit post! I JUST WANTED TO BE DRAMATIC! (throws self on fainting couch)**

FADE IN:

INT. FAMILY LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

ALEXANDRA (mid-20s, big eyes and bigger overbite) sits in an overstuffed chair, laptop on criss-crossed knees. An EMAIL NOTIFICATION dings.
ALEXANDRA
This is it! Please don’t be political satire, please don’t be political satire!

She opens the email, clicks on a link. Scrolls down the screen and finds her name.

COMPUTER SCREEN:

POLITICAL SATIRE - CENSUS - A JUROR

Alexandra SCREAMS as a WITCH (40s, green) pops up from behind the chair and CACKLES loudly, clenching her hands with maniacal glee. She disappears in a POOF of smoke. Alexandra weeps.

FADE OUT

Edited by MissKeister - 21 Apr 2018 at 9:05pm
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by thesaura73 thesaura73 wrote:

Since every comp is an experiment, think I will just settle on the one idea I have put any effort into and see what happens! I think it might be too obvious but that's OK.

Same here.
Andrea View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Same here.

In the same boat. 
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 3:18am

You'll be wonderful honey!

Email me anything you want looking at for an opinion?

Exciting stuff huh?

P x
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 3:33am
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

**I can't figure out my formatting for this... it changes when I hit post! I JUST WANTED TO BE DRAMATIC! (throws self on fainting couch)**

FADE IN:

INT. FAMILY LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

ALEXANDRA (mid-20s, big eyes and bigger overbite) sits in an overstuffed chair, laptop on criss-crossed knees. An EMAIL NOTIFICATION dings.

ALEXANDRA
          This is it! Please don’t be political satire, please don’t be political satire!

She opens the email, clicks on a link. Scrolls down the screen and finds her name.

COMPUTER SCREEN:

POLITICAL SATIRE - CENSUS - A JUROR

Alexandra SCREAMS as a WITCH (40s, green) pops up from behind the chair and CACKLES loudly, clenching her hands with maniacal glee. She disappears in a POOF of smoke. Alexandra weeps.

FADE OUT

Alexandra....you poor bugger!

You've got me laughing my head off by the way!

Your screenplay way of describing your angst was hilarious.....and so.....LOOK, you have the ability to write SATIRE...obviously!

When I pulled COMEDY for R2 SSC, I was lost. Go read Political Satire stories on here. Have you read Lisa's R2 SSC piece? She was so dreading Political Satire, but WHAT a story she smashed.... read read read.... then write is my advice!

You made me laugh!

Paula x

mattg0376 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattg0376 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:00am
Noone has mentioned mine yet: Spy/Crowd Funding/Taste tester.

Does James Bond smash through the glass ceiling at a taste testing competition run by millenials in order to stop the geek in the Fortnite shirt from eating the poisoned hotdog?

Actually...
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:08am
Originally posted by mattg0376 mattg0376 wrote:

Noone has mentioned mine yet: Spy/Crowd Funding/Taste tester.

Does James Bond smash through the glass ceiling at a taste testing competition run by millenials in order to stop the geek in the Fortnite shirt from eating the poisoned hotdog?

Actually...

And you think yours is worse than mine?  Suspense/baby shower/parole officer
mattg0376 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mattg0376 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:27am
I get a bit of an idea for yours.  Want to swap?  Haha.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 7:33am
Originally posted by mattg0376 mattg0376 wrote:

I get a bit of an idea for yours.  Want to swap?  Haha.

Well, I had one false start, which was the better idea as it was writing itself - just could not do it in 12 pages.  Now I am halfway through a first draft of another and am not too un-pleased with it.  Did you know that waiting for a baby to poop can add suspense?

Edited by Suave - 22 Apr 2018 at 7:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>