NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We can do better...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We can do better...
    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:49am
People like Steph and Nixie and Suave bust their butts for us keeping those master lists, we can do better at thanking them.  I tried sending chocolate, but the post office didn't know her address, so let's go here:

Master List

And push the 'Thanks' button.  It takes a scant fraction of the time she gives to us managing that master list

This sig intentionally blank
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

People like Steph and Nixie and Suave bust their butts for us keeping those master lists, we can do better at thanking them.  I tried sending chocolate, but the post office didn't know her address, so let's go here:

Master List

And push the 'Thanks' button.  It takes a scant fraction of the time she gives to us managing that master list

Good call, Random. Master List is a labor of love.
lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
joshua_scannell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshua_scannell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 12:00pm
Bump
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 12:17pm
I would totally take some chocolates LOL
#amrevising
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

I would totally take some chocolates LOL

Haha!
PennyForThem View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyForThem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 3:02am
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Master List

I always write a specific thank you when posting but is pressing the 'thanks' but better in some way? Like they get rewards from NYC or something? I'm guessing a volunteers not...

Btw, I've sent vouchers by email when I don't really know someone but want to thank them. So chocolate without a post box is totally possible Smile
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyForThem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 3:05am
To add to the above. The 'thanks' buttong doesn't appear when am browsing on android but does on web version. Might that be a barrier too?

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 3:48am
Let me say this about that.
  We do the master list because it makes the whole contest that much better, the hitting the thanks button really only adds to our forum score and is more a ego thing for me, I am very competitive - why I love these contests.  I can't speak for the others but I just enjoy getting the thanks even though it has no monetary value.
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PennyForThem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Let me say this about that.
  We do the master list because it makes the whole contest that much better, the hitting the thanks button really only adds to our forum score and is more a ego thing for me, I am very competitive - why I love these contests.  I can't speak for the others but I just enjoy getting the thanks even though it has no monetary value.

It REALLY does make the contest so much better and I massively appreciate it! Just wanted to clarify if saying it was different to the 'thanks' button.

And thank you all!
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 4:50pm

My daughter says you can get terrific chocolates on Bwooklund ... do you have a local noshpit we can order them from and you can collect?

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>