NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting is HARD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Alex Grey Alex Grey wrote:

For those who we were in this thread earlier, you'll know that I was not worried about the short story competition results because I was preoccupied by anticipating the results of my five entries into the World Marmalade Awards!

I'm please to report my best marmalade results ever with one (seville with peated heather whisky) winning a gold award (20/20 against the marmalade standards) and the other four won silver awards (two scoring 19/20 and two scoring 18/20).

Although the gold award entry was in the top 50 jars in a competition of over 3,000 I am still ambitious to get top 20 place i.e. winning best in category (against other gold award winners) - it's hard to find that elusive X factor which takes a perfect 20/20 marmalade to an exceptional one.

Anyway,now that those results are in I can start fretting about the results of the short story competition :-D

If only my writing was as good as my marmalade!

Congratulations! Fabulous results, I’m sure your writing will be similarly rewarded. Clap
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:06am

For those who we were in this thread earlier, you'll know that I was not worried about the short story competition results because I was preoccupied by anticipating the results of my five entries into the World Marmalade Awards!

I'm please to report my best marmalade results ever with one (seville with peated heather whisky) winning a gold award (20/20 against the marmalade standards) and the other four won silver awards (two scoring 19/20 and two scoring 18/20).

Although the gold award entry was in the top 50 jars in a competition of over 3,000 I am still ambitious to get top 20 place i.e. winning best in category (against other gold award winners) - it's hard to find that elusive X factor which takes a perfect 20/20 marmalade to an exceptional one.

Anyway,now that those results are in I can start fretting about the results of the short story competition :-D

This is seriously amazing.  Top fifty worldwide?  The people you can meet on these boards is mind-boggling.
This sig intentionally blank
topangarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:55am

Piling on here to offer congratulations Alex! I was am unfamiliar with Marmalade and so will go investigate, but doing a happy dance for you and your accomplishments! Sounds like you really nailed this thing! Congrats!
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:10am

This sounds like a huge accomplishment. Congratulations! 
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:06pm
With the round 2 due next weekend, does anybody know when we'd expect to start seeing results/feedback? Particularly based off previous years?
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by sootfoot5 sootfoot5 wrote:

Writing is hard. But losing is harder.  So I just forget about it and write something else.  Like this post.  

I like what Nelson Mandela said:
Quote I never lose. Either I win or I learn.

I am learning so much! ;)
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

With the round 2 due next weekend, does anybody know when we'd expect to start seeing results/feedback? Particularly based off previous years?

The email said by 11.59pm New York time on 2 April. 
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 12:06am
Thanks, I had a memory of a firm line, but couldn't remember if I'd imagined it or where I'd seen it.
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 1:24am

Thanks, I had a memory of a firm line, but couldn't remember if I'd imagined it or where I'd seen it.
I'd forgotten it was next week so checked last night :) 
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 8:57am
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

I'd forgotten it was next week so checked last night :) 

I wouldn't hold your breath. They are already over a week late with the Short Screenplay final results! Perhaps that's because it is a final and the judges' energies need to be focussed on Short Story as folks will need to know before Round 2. Nevertheless, I am very disappointed and think they've bitten off more than they can chew. Tsk tsk...…(adopts disappointed teacher/Mum face) !!!

P x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>