NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for MF100 final results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by just_a_pause just_a_pause wrote:

Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

Originally posted by just_a_pause just_a_pause wrote:

Well, I didn't place or get an HM. Not gonna lie, bit gutted as really rated my story.

Congrats to those who did do well. 

I'm feeling a bit of the same here, so you're not alone! I hope the feedback was helpful--mine showed me exactly where I went wrong, but it's still tough to swallow when you come to the table with your best, but it ends up missing the mark. 

Regardless, your story is fantastic! Sometimes I have to remind myself that the judges are just 5 people out of a pool of many, and 5 different judges may have chosen different stories in the top 10/20. Far easier said than done to think about that when the disappointment hits, though Heart

Thank you! Yours was great too, was very surprised to see you not placing.

Yes, remembering that they are just 5 people is helpful. I got decent feedback from 3 judges, and pretty useless from 2 but that's the nature of these competitions!

I needed that reminder too.. its only 5 peoples opinions.  One of my judges clearly is not a dog lover (therefore a terrible person in my mind) and thought my story would be better if the MC was human???? The other judges gave very valuable feedback though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic