NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting around for Micro 100 RD 2 Results...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahousuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 7:55pm
I'm dying for the results!
Zero11 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 12:14am
I am not sure I have a chance. This one wasn't my best. And I just failed R2 of Screenwriting, results that surprised me a bit. I was certain some other scripts I read in my group would have gotten in that did not. I just hope judge 1936 isn't on the watch for this one. It was clear the guy just skimmed what he read for most scripts. Maybe that was good practice for the real world though, as that is what they do, I hear.

In my limited experience, the results don't come in until the final minute. I'm not going to worry about it.
just_a_pause View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote just_a_pause Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 3:19am
Waiting impatiently!

Also in UK so I know I won't really get results today and they'll be there when I wake up... But I can live in hope! 

Doesn't help I'm basically just about to start querying my first novel (not first one written, but first I'm querying) so basically my writing anxiety and tension is peaking!! 
Bdisher View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bdisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 7:29am
Definitely curious,; however,  expectations are minimal. I said that with round one though and still made it through somehow. Wink

Good luck everyone!
EMeadows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 8:57am
Today!!! Finally!!! 
UK5AM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UK5AM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 8:57am
Good luck everyone waiting for results. I don't have high hopes for mine but loads of people in my group posted so I am hoping to see some I recognise going through to the final round.
Azhyl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azhyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 10:27am
This was my first time getting to round two, so I'm excited to see how I fare here.

I don't expect to get through to the next round, but I'm at a festival this weekend. So if I make it, it will be an interesting writing session.

Good luck all.
FF21
R1
250MF21
R1
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 10:39am

I've already broken my promise not to check my email for results before noon. But my lack of self-restraint yielded the following gems: 

• Pinterest has some ideas for my backyard! Specifically, a gazillion different stone garden paths, all of which are either outside my expertise or my price range.

• My Word Genius word of the day is CARAPACE: The hard upper shell of a tortoise, crustacean, or arachnid. I doubt I will not use it in my writing or conversation, but I should remember it for Scrabble as "C" is my most hated letter in the game. 

• Taco Bell is offering 15% off the Bell Breakfast Box, which includes not only breakfast quesadillas, hash browns, and a drink but also the mysterious "Cinnabon Delights," which TB describes as "Dessert, Disguised as Breakfast, Disguised as Dessert." Tempting, but pass. Also, UNSUBSCRIBE.

So, on the whole, a VERY productive use of my time! 

Edited by slinkylink - 27 Jul 2022 at 10:40am
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Azhyl Azhyl wrote:

This was my first time getting to round two, so I'm excited to see how I fare here.

I don't expect to get through to the next round, but I'm at a festival this weekend. So if I make it, it will be an interesting writing session.

Good luck all.

I’m feeling hopeful about my story but trying not to get too attached to the results! I also have an interesting writing weekend ahead of I get through LOL Work from 10am-3pm, then the nerd side of me can’t miss my group’s Dungeons and Dragons session from 6:30pm-whenever we’re done, so I’d have to submit a story before 6:30 and just call it a night haha
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 11:29am
Originally posted by slinkylink slinkylink wrote:

I've already broken my promise not to check my email for results before noon. But my lack of self-restraint yielded the following gems: 

What a great way to spend the time! I’m having a lot of trouble focusing on my work from home, and it’s supposed to rain this evening, which may ruin my outdoor plans… I’d risk going outside anyway, but storms have been so bad lately that I like to stay in so I don’t get flooded out! Today may be one of those weird Netflix and Naps days to pass the time until 7:45 when my Wednesday Dungeons and Dragons group will give me something to take my mind off waiting LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic