NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting around for Micro 100 RD 2 Results...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 2:07pm
My countdown clock starts the moment I submit so of course I know it’s this week LOL

Won’t be surprised with any result, 100 is so unpredictable and only a fraction of each group posts their stories. I loved my Round 2 story last year and it didn’t pass or get an HM so I’ve learned to expect nothing. Doesn’t mean I won’t be hitting refresh every five minutes Wednesday afternoon.

Seems like the most recent results are coming out in the 11:00 hour, last minute. I wasn’t part of the Screenwriting comp but I noticed the results were posted at right at 11:59 last week. 3 is the earliest I’ve seen.

Edited by Dark&StormyNight - 25 Jul 2022 at 2:08pm
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Dark&StormyNight Dark&StormyNight wrote:

I wasn’t part of the Screenwriting comp but I noticed the results were posted at right at 11:59 last week. 3 is the earliest I’ve seen.

Yep. I got the SW comp email at 10:59 CST (so 11:59 NY time). I had my husband monitor my inbox so I could go to bed. I envy those of you in later time zones! Waking up in the middle of the night to read prompts and come up with ideas feels like an alternate reality for me. I am NOT a midnight type of person. Tongue 

Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by slinkylink slinkylink wrote:

I wasn’t part of the Screenwriting comp but I noticed the results were posted at right at 11:59 last week. 3 is the earliest I’ve seen.

Yep. I got the SW comp email at 10:59 CST (so 11:59 NY time). I had my husband monitor my inbox so I could go to bed. I envy those of you in later time zones! Waking up in the middle of the night to read prompts and come up with ideas feels like an alternate reality for me. I am NOT a midnight type of person. Tongue 

I think it would be hardest in Europe, with the results likely coming in the middle of the night or very early morning. Waking up to the results, I’d be too nervous to sleep!
Lulumacmac View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulumacmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 4:04pm
Although I know the results won’t come in until Thurs at 4am UK time I will still be checking all day Weds, even when NYC will be sleeping and no one will be emailing!

Excited for my group as lots of amazing stories posted on the forum, they are all ace!

Good luck everyone ❤️
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 8:41pm

I think it would be hardest in Europe, with the results likely coming in the middle of the night or very early morning. Waking up to the results, I’d be too nervous to sleep!

Funnily I found being on Central Europe time made the writing part so much easier. I woke up about two hours after the prompts dropped, I had the 100 word done in about forty-five mintues and had the rest of the day clear to do Copenhagen. Flash I was aboard the cruise ship and I woke up, pounded out about 500 words, went and did fun stuff, came back, wrote the rest, pared out 200 words over, and the most stressful part was how long the upload took on the ship's wifi. 

I am really hoping to get through, but just among those who posted, everyone went such radically different directions, I'm trying to plan for losing because the judges probably won't like it. 
scurvy_seadog View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scurvy_seadog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 2:58am
I've been telling everyone I know that this is the week and Wednesday is D Day! Hahaha. So much anticipation. Wacko

WhistlerCrowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhistlerCrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 8:52am
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

I'm SO excited! This round was the first time I felt like I really understood what NYCM was all about LOL R1 of SSC was my first NYCM ever, and I'm really happy that I got HM1 in my heat! But it showed me all that I need to learn haha. I squeaked by R1 Micro with a 13th place finish, then finally beta'd this round, and it made all the difference in the world! So now I'm excited for the results instead of kinda dreading potentially imminent disappointment haha.

Even if I don't place, I'm super proud of my story and hope to compile an anthology of my NYCM works, and this story will definitely be in there :)

I just went and read your micro and you should be incredibly proud of it. One of my very favorite flash stories that I have read. You definitely have a very unique voice and I can't wait to read what else you write. Smile
shannriley View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shannriley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 9:25am
I'm glad I'm not the only one itching and scratching to know the results! Good luck to everyone!
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 10:17am
Already nervous! Good luck, everyone! May your 3 judges align: the hard part ...along with 60 good writers in each group. LOL
Flash R1 Nancy-Drewing

CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 11:16am
Originally posted by WhistlerCrowe WhistlerCrowe wrote:

Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

I'm SO excited! This round was the first time I felt like I really understood what NYCM was all about LOL R1 of SSC was my first NYCM ever, and I'm really happy that I got HM1 in my heat! But it showed me all that I need to learn haha. I squeaked by R1 Micro with a 13th place finish, then finally beta'd this round, and it made all the difference in the world! So now I'm excited for the results instead of kinda dreading potentially imminent disappointment haha.

Even if I don't place, I'm super proud of my story and hope to compile an anthology of my NYCM works, and this story will definitely be in there :)

I just went and read your micro and you should be incredibly proud of it. One of my very favorite flash stories that I have read. You definitely have a very unique voice and I can't wait to read what else you write. Smile

Ah wow, thank you so much Heart I feel the exact same way about your work; I'm so excited to see more of it in the future!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic