NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting around for Micro 100 RD 2 Results...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Dark&StormyNight Dark&StormyNight wrote:

[QUOTE=Zero11]
That just happens a lot..your favorites fail to place and others that didn’t hit home for you (or weren’t posted) move on.

I hope you left negative feedback on that judge. If they aren’t doing their job NYCM needs to know. Likewise, if a judge leaves really helpful feedback they should get positive feedback from you.

I did. One judge was incredible and helpful. I’m actually ok with a loss as long as the feedback helps develop me as a writer. The last guy got the lowest of low. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one.
just_a_pause View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote just_a_pause Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 2:04am
Eee I got through! 5th place! I've never made it to final round before so this is exciting. Although also terrifying - they want us to choose our own genre?! Not only does that give me too many options, but surely biases among the judges towards certain genres make it likely that your genre pick could make you win or lose? 
nrauch75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrauch75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 2:06am
I am just so happy to be commiserating. I felt good about my first story, not as great about my second. There was "something" not right about it, and now, in retrospect, I think I know what it was. I'm waiting for feedback to confirm my suspicions.
samanthadunne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samanthadunne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 5:54am
I got third in my group! And this is my first time in an NYCM final, so very excited and nervous! 
wisemel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 7:20am
I'm through with 7th! First time in the finals. So excited! Good luck, everyone! 
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 8:51am
Congrats to everyone moving on! (Bummed to not be writing- even if it would have made for a crazy weekend.)

Good luck to everyone who posted and made it! Clap Please share your entries!

*edited to add: Just got my feedback. It was overall kind and helpful and not unexpected. One judge is my new favourite. haha.

Edited by JanetM - 29 Jul 2022 at 9:20am
Flash R1 Nancy-Drewing

mysteryship View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysteryship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:12am
Nothing for me, but I got really lovely and helpful feedback. Good luck to everyone moving forward!
Lulumacmac View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lulumacmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 9:30am
Massive well done & good luck to those going through, all super well deserved and I will be cheering you on from the sidelines 👏👏👏👏. 

Genuinely gutted for those incredible stories I read which didn’t place, the stories which went through that weren’t posted on the forums must have been absolutely phenomenal to pip them at the post.

We had a good chunk of writers sharing their stories in group 11, and I believe only two got a HM (and was sure they’d both place in the top 8). Would love a chance to read the stories that did place!

Well done to every single writer in this round, whether you made it through or not! 💪

Edited by Lulumacmac - 29 Jul 2022 at 9:31am
Sqrlmom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sqrlmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 10:09am
Congratulations to all who placed. I’m pretty happy with the feedback on the whole. Did I see that they post the genre and action and word for Round 3 publicly here? How many are going to try to write one anyway, just for practice and improve your skills?
bluevervain View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluevervain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 12:26pm
Oof, getting a 9th place HM kinda stings. Oh well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic