NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting around for Micro 100 RD 2 Results...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhistlerCrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waiting around for Micro 100 RD 2 Results...
    Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 8:28am
Is anyone else waiting expectantly for the results for the second round of Micro 100 to roll out in a couple of days? Just me? LOL
jhenn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jhenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 8:37am
Yep. The usual... feeling like Christmas Eve, but only one of the kids will be getting a present :/ 
FFR1
MFR2 and R1 was G15 Appetite for Love
NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 10:13am
It feels like it went by so quickly! I am also prematurely excited for flash results next week. 
WhistlerCrowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhistlerCrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 10:55am
It really does!! And ah!! I didn't realize Flash results were coming out next week!!!
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 11:09am

Same! I feel like I just wrote mine a few days ago. What is the earliest NYCM has ever released results? Have they ever come a whole day early? Oh, to dream! Tongue

NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 11:46am
Originally posted by WhistlerCrowe WhistlerCrowe wrote:

It really does!! And ah!! I didn't realize Flash results were coming out next week!!!

Actually, my bad! It's the week after next. 8/5 is the start of Writing Battle, I got my weeks mixed up :) 8/10 is R1 flash results.

Edited by NERdling - 25 Jul 2022 at 11:47am
Monica116 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monica116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 12:13pm
When should we expect the results? Do we know for sure it’s a certain day?
NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Monica116 Monica116 wrote:

When should we expect the results? Do we know for sure it’s a certain day?

For Micro 100 it's by 11:59 on 7/27. They list the results dates in the Official Rules and it is always the Wednesday prior to the next round. If they are going to be late with the results, they'll send an email out sometime on that Wednesday to let us know. Feedback generally comes in on the Thursday before the next round. That typically lands in my inbox in the late morning or early afternoon.

I have only been doing the contests for ~2 years, so I am sure others have more anecdotal examples, but for the ones I've been in, the results have been late 2-3 times. If I remember correctly, those were usually the R1 results when there were more entries to get through. Most of the time, the results come in the evening between 7-11pm. I think it's only been 1 or 2 times when they've come before 7pm EST since I've been doing it.

Edited by NERdling - 25 Jul 2022 at 12:43pm
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 1:01pm
I'm SO excited! This round was the first time I felt like I really understood what NYCM was all about LOL R1 of SSC was my first NYCM ever, and I'm really happy that I got HM1 in my heat! But it showed me all that I need to learn haha. I squeaked by R1 Micro with a 13th place finish, then finally beta'd this round, and it made all the difference in the world! So now I'm excited for the results instead of kinda dreading potentially imminent disappointment haha.

Even if I don't place, I'm super proud of my story and hope to compile an anthology of my NYCM works, and this story will definitely be in there :)
slinkylink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slinkylink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2022 at 1:20pm
@jhenn - haha - I will not be surprised if I receive an NYCM lump of coal on Wednesday. But I'm still on a high from making it to the Screenwriting final round last week, so I'll survive!

@NERdling - Thank you for the stats! Fingers crossed for early evening results :)

I think I'll spend my worrying time the next three days reading some of the R2 stories I missed. 

Best of luck everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic