NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Victimized by a Nasty Drive-by Review? Take Heart.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victimized by a Nasty Drive-by Review? Take Heart.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:07pm
Thanks Eggy for a lovely summary.

Yes, Noel, it takes all kinds, and only the intentionally malicious have ever been un-welcomed. We work hard here to gently point out to someone if they might be inadvertently trampling someone - and even the ones who dont care about such things generally make an effort not to be horrid to others once "horrid" is defined or explained. When they don't, some kind soul reaches out to reassure the new kids that they are ok and dont need to take any horrid to heart. It's a lovely bit of family we have here.

While I agree that Zelda's comments were inappropriate, inapplicable, and thoroughly out of line, we also know that Zelds is usually a very nice gal. Obviously she is going through something at the moment, and taking some of it out here. I hope that when the Zelda we have come to know returns, her apologies will met with grace.

It *does seem like time, perhaps, to retire this thread.  Perhaps we should all grab a cuppa and watch that Stephen Matlock go pick a fight? ( thank you for the roflmao moment! Knowing him here would have been enough, but since I am fortunate enough to be acquainted with him IRL, and know that he is actually kinder than he seems even here on the forum, that was about the funniest damn thing I have read all year!)

And Nick...dont change. We love you just the way you are.
Noel Alcoba View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noel Alcoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Originally posted by Noel Alcoba Noel Alcoba wrote:

Truth be told, history is full of amazing, prolific writers who were a-holes that did not give $#*t about what people thought.

Writers come in every color of emotional temperament.  Thank goodness.

Yeah, like that Stephen Matlock guy... just walks around picking fights.

[yes, joke]

Who doesn't?

Wanna start something, huh, tough guy?

LOL
Flash Ch2 Grp 18 Chili Dogs and Green Body Paint

Micro Ch1/Grp21 More Than You Know
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Noel Alcoba Noel Alcoba wrote:

Truth be told, history is full of amazing, prolific writers who were a-holes that did not give $#*t about what people thought.

Yeah, like that Stephen Matlock guy... just walks around picking fights.

[yes, joke]
Flash R3: The Old Men's Club (Mystery)
Short Screenplay R1: Lookout Lily Grills the Suspects (Mystery)
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Noel Alcoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:18pm

Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by PrestonLeytonNelson PrestonLeytonNelson wrote:

It’s definitely gone off the rails here.

I've been completely ignoring this thread lately, mostly for that exact reason.  In my world if the conversation is headed the wrong way you excuse yourself to get another cup of tea and never return to it.

So my apologies for the post-and-run, but I'm almost out of tea.  This 'Norway' mug is too small.  I should bring Tallinn or London back in.  It's a shame my Croatia mug has cracked glazing and leaks.
This Sig Intentionally Blank
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noel Alcoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:11pm
THE HELL?!

I do have to admit, this thread became so much more entertaining in the last 24 hours. It would actually make a very interesting stage play.

And I take my tea black.

On second thought make that coffee.

Edited by Noel Alcoba - 08 Feb 2019 at 12:12pm

nickofnight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nickofnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:01pm
Thanks Preston, that's very kind of you. I didn't take it personally, but I really appreciate your comment.

Edited by nickofnight - 08 Feb 2019 at 12:23pm
PrestonLeytonNelson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote PrestonLeytonNelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:40am
PS: @Nickofnight, Zelda's comment is so ridiculous it doesn't even seem necessary to address, but you are 100% awesome and I value your presence and feedback here.
FF Ch3 Gr22- Let Me Down - Ghost Story
PrestonLeytonNelson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote PrestonLeytonNelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

You aren't worth it! None of you merit my respect nor my sensibility.
I am ashamed to have had anything to do with any of you worthless people. 

Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

By the way, Nickofnight, no one cares about you either. Because you're worthless. 

Wow.

@Zelda if your goal is dissuading people from participating in the forums, literally the exact opposite intent of OP, then your behavior is how you do it. Well done.

I honestly don’t understand how a thread that started as a reminder to think of others’ feelings when reviewing became...this. I was new to the forums not even half a year ago, and have generally found the forums to be a supportive and kind place. It’s definitely gone off the rails here.

FF Ch3 Gr22- Let Me Down - Ghost Story
Lord Xoon View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lord Xoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:23am
This one really went off the rails.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
  Share Topic