FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The anticipation might kill me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The anticipation might kill me
    Posted: 25 May 2021 at 10:34pm
Every time I see this post I think of the Dashboard Confessional song - “My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me, so won’t you kill me, so I die happy…” LOL

I didn’t think I’d be looking forward to these results so much, but after two weekends of prose contests I am really hoping to write a screenplay!
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by rjplaywright rjplaywright wrote:

This is crazy y'all. There's a one day turn around between the results and the next round. This competition is no joke. 

Two days, technically!

Results Tuesday by 11:59pm
Prompts drop Thursday at 11:59pm

...it is definitely still crazy though! LOL
Screenwriting R2 G1 - Fight or Flight (Historical Fiction)
Rachel M View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by amyrox9 amyrox9 wrote:

I don't know how I'm supposed to wait potentially up to 3 more hours! Anybody got any Netflix recommendations?

Perfect amount of time to get through (or rewatch) half a season of Atypical!

P.S. I am also losing my mind a little Confused
SimplySenta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplySenta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by rjplaywright rjplaywright wrote:

This is crazy y'all. There's a one day turn around between the results and the next round. This competition is no joke. 

I know! I was just thinking the same thing. We'll be reading our feedback (hopefully!) as we're writing in the 2nd round (of course this is me being very optimistic). LOL No complaints though! I love the thrill of scrolling down the results list to see if you've made the cut. 

Edited by SimplySenta - 25 May 2021 at 9:35pm
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplySenta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by amyrox9 amyrox9 wrote:

I don't know how I'm supposed to wait potentially up to 3 more hours! Anybody got any Netflix recommendations?

This crushing anticipation calls for some good TV to pass the time! I watched a really fun movie called Army of the Dead yesterday. It's 2.5 hours of a zombie-heist mash-up set in Vegas. It should pass the time nicely! 

If a zombie action-adventure isn't what you had in mind, Call the Midwife, a historical fiction series set in 1950s East London (BBC) is filled with drama, and a balance of heartache and heart warming scenes. 

Edited by SimplySenta - 25 May 2021 at 9:29pm
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplySenta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

Originally posted by eaintree eaintree wrote:

It's today, right?

Yup.

I don't think I'm advancing - I re-read my entry this morning and literally couldn't tell or remember what the genre was supposed to be LOLLOLLOL

And yet, I keep hitting email refresh.

Haha! Love your sense if humor! I've been looking at my email all day, too (and reread my screenplay at least twice recently). LOL I have a feeling you did much better than you think! 
amyrox9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyrox9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:17pm
eaintree View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaintree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by JuniorW JuniorW wrote:

For those who haven't participated before, just to reassure you a little--this is absolutely the latest I've ever gotten results moving into the next round. Usually at least a few days earlier. I've actually started questioning whether they have my correct e-mail, it's gone so late.

Yeah I'm in EST and though I don't usually pay close attention to when results show up, it's usually in the middle of the day on Tuesday as far as I recall. So as of now, they're later than usual for sure.
SC 2021, Mystery: Striking The Sun

Micro 100, 2021, Sci-fi: That Time Of The Month
JuniorW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuniorW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 5:22pm
For those who haven't participated before, just to reassure you a little--this is absolutely the latest I've ever gotten results moving into the next round. Usually at least a few days earlier. I've actually started questioning whether they have my correct e-mail, it's gone so late.
rjplaywright View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjplaywright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 4:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic