FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FLASH '20 R1 BETA SPREADSHEET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
OscarHallam View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarHallam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLASH '20 R1 BETA SPREADSHEET
    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:19pm
Very glad to discover the beta read option exists. I have been working under the assumption that it was meant to be written without feedback prior to submission (this is only my second contest). The limit of reading I have had was purely for grammar and then just by my partner who was under strict instructions not to give me any content/style feedback. A beta read through would/will be a great option...it probably would have made a big difference in my round 2 micro-fiction story that no one seemed to get at all!
Oscarhallam
SSP Ch 1 Grp 38 Skin in the Game
FF2020R2 grp 46
Cosmic Connection
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 5:43am
bump

northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 11:05pm
I understand how crazy this sounds because it's so late, but if anyone needs a last minute look over for romance, comedy, or romcom, hit me up! Good luck!

Alex
Screenplay R1 Autocorrect
Flash Fiction R1 The Grim Truth
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:45pm
My son is doing the contest for the first time. He's 16 and just added himself to the spreadsheet (forum name: theenzo). He's new, so...you know. Don't be too mean. :-)
A.J. Gemick View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.J. Gemick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 1:20pm
Thanks for organizing this! Just added my name... would love to start with a reader experienced in the Flash Fiction to let me know if my location isn't prominent enough.. don't want to be DQ'd.. trying to finish up now, but could think of a way to drastically edit it, if that would be a better plan... just not sure what I should do right now..
agalvez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agalvez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 12:02pm
thanks so much! i just signed up (even tho it's a bit late :S) I'll be working/writing all day so just shoot me an email if anyone wants to swap!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:59pm
I usually send a pdf of my story with the inquiry so that it saves 
time of gong back and forth. That way if they are willing they have 
the story and can send theirs before starting on yours. If they don't 
want to, no harm done.
alphameg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphameg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:36pm
Thank you! 
ZoeLou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZoeLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by alphameg alphameg wrote:

How does the Beta reading work in the next 24 hours? Please help a newbie out! 

Check out the spreadsheet linked above and add your details, specifying whether you are "open" and accepting beta read requests or "closed". In my experience most people like to do swaps where you review their story in exchange but its up to you. 

From there you can contact anyone on the sheet who's open (just check they're not in your group / are interested in your assigned genre) and shoot them an email asking if they'd mind beta reading your story. If they are, great! Send it through, they give you tips, etc etc.

(Just FYI - usually we do beta reading entirely by email/google doc - do NOT post your story on the forums or anywhere else until NYC has sent out the SECOND round of emails after submission giving everyone permission to post).

Hope that helps! :)
SSP C1: The Waiting Room

FFC C3: Fetch
alphameg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphameg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 9:22pm
How does the Beta reading work in the next 24 hours? Please help a newbie out! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic