FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
laritybug View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laritybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Results?
    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 12:36am
I got first in my heat and the judges "struggled to find anything to critique". I AM UTTERLY THRIKLLLLLED AND Celebrating with wines.  
IBX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:26pm
Got an HM on my first try.  Sixth, if they're ordinal.

Pretty pleased.  Good luck to all who are moving on.
sinister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 1:51pm
Astounded to discover my story got first place in my heat!  Never managed that before.  :)
SS 2020 Round 1: Ferryman
Cat Logan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Jrountree Jrountree wrote:

Anyone have any idea how many were in each heat number in round one? Just curious. I made it into the top five and totally beside myself right now!

Hi Jrountree - 
CONGRATS!!!WHOOP!!

In case no one has answered yet (I just woke and am reading from the top... you can go to the page of the assignments, hit control F and put in your heat number. Scroll to the bottom so the computer will load in all of the very large table of assignments.

Micro: R1H37: FIELD TRIP
Short Story Comp. R2/H29: ALANA & THE HORNED GOD
Short Story Comp. R1/H17: HIGH CRIMES
ophelialit74 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ophelialit74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:41am
Truthfully stunned to have snagged 4th in Group 60! 

I worried for weeks that I didn't focus enough on the subject (smartphone addiction) and then forgot all about the competition entirely with the current global chaos. 

Receiving the results email last night was the nicest thing that's happened in some time. 

Good luck to everyone moving forward. Stay safe, stay well. Heart
Preyingcloud View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preyingcloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 10:15am
I came in fourth, group 71. Never written a ghost story before but now I have! Here's hoping I don't catch the plague from my husband (he's doing fine but he's had an unpleasant couple days!)
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 9:37am
Got an HM! Good luck to everyone moving on!
R1 Gr63 Micro
Mop Water
craigs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:54am
Well, I didn't move on.  Two of the top five in my heat put their stories up, and mine was very stylistically different. So I didn't write for my audience at all, lol.  Curious as to what my feedback will say.

Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck next time. 
incompletegenius View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote incompletegenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:33am
Hey folks!

I’m out from this one, would have loved a consolation HM but was not to be! Massive congratulations to everyone who went through and I look forward to reading what you come up with!

It’s been a Great experience, and I’m so thankful to everyone who posted feedback on my story, and also, who posted their stories here in the forum and provided me with so much delight. You’re all amazing creative geniuses (geni...i?)

Gonna don my cheerleading outfit (especially for Alelha from my heat) and bust some moves. Watch out for me in the sidelines but try not to get too distracted!! Wink

100MFC20 R2 G9 - The Fall Guy (Rom Com)
100MFC20 R1 G3- Spit-Spot! (Comedy)
Twerteen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twerteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:20am
4th place for me, heat 18, fairytale!

Congrats to everyone moving on! Seems like AGES ago this comp started!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic