FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHERE ARE YOU?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
OnyxLily View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnyxLily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHERE ARE YOU?!
    Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

Originally posted by iheartliving iheartliving wrote:

I don't know if I'm asking this in the correct spot, but I posted my mystery from Group 120 under a new topic in the Flash Fiction Forum early this morning.  I think I have the format correct and everything, but my story is still not showing up with a link on the master list.  What am I doing wrong? I am 100% it's something I've done incorrectly.  Thank you so much for organizing all of this!  :) 

1. Create your post in the 2019 Flash Fiction subgroup. Copy the link to that post.
2. Reply to the Master List group that matches your group number. For example, if you're in groups 1-20, you'd open that topic, then Reply with the link to your post.

The Master Lists are manually curated by two heroic volunteers, following the footsteps of the most heroic Nixie (whom I've met in person). It's a labor of love, and the forum software can make it difficult to keep things in synch, but just be patient -- they'll get around to you.

I prefer the term "Masochistic Volunteer" Wink

Steph, I hope you have that on your resume :)
calksb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calksb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 6:18pm
Hello, 
I am here after finally getting my registration confirmed.

I am in group 63 and wondering how to shorten my link, and also, where to send it so it gets to the right group.

calksb
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

I don't know if I'm asking this in the correct spot, but I posted my mystery from Group 120 under a new topic in the Flash Fiction Forum early this morning.  I think I have the format correct and everything, but my story is still not showing up with a link on the master list.  What am I doing wrong? I am 100% it's something I've done incorrectly.  Thank you so much for organizing all of this!  :) 

1. Create your post in the 2019 Flash Fiction subgroup. Copy the link to that post.
2. Reply to the Master List group that matches your group number. For example, if you're in groups 1-20, you'd open that topic, then Reply with the link to your post.

The Master Lists are manually curated by two heroic volunteers, following the footsteps of the most heroic Nixie (whom I've met in person). It's a labor of love, and the forum software can make it difficult to keep things in synch, but just be patient -- they'll get around to you.

I prefer the term "Masochistic Volunteer" Wink
#amrevising
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Judy Judy wrote:

Posting was my second mistake. The first was entering the contest.

Just responded to your message! Entering and posting are never a mistake! :)

I really appreciate all that you do for the forum. I haven’t figured out how to link post the link friend google docs. It shouldn’t be hard since everyone else is doing it. For the time being I’m stuck with the stupid blog. 
After reading the other stories I realized that I submitted an eighth grade English composition. I’m going to work on character development and and atmosphere for the next round. There are so many exceptionally talented writers in this competition. It’s overwhelming. 

There are some good writers, yes, but don't count yourself out. The judges are fickle, and sometimes eminently qualified stories don't make it--the judges are looking for something other than what got submitted.

I can't write like these writers, but I admire their work. They reach higher than I can--but I can still reach high.

You'll be fine.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:56pm

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:52pm

You'll be fine.

Here's the thing:
1. You wrote something! It never existed until you wrote it. It is something that you did, and without your work, it wouldn't be here.
2. You posted it! You put yourself out here, hoping that you'd get support from others, and maybe even see that people like your work. That is both audacious and awesome!

Sharing a story is like bringing your baby with you for the first time. You see all the other parents and guardians with children who are older, and you can choose to think "I hope I can learn how to do the same" or you can think "I'll never be able to do that."

You're going to be OK. We're mostly friendly, and we mostly will do whatever we can to help you.

Just ask for help, and then go and do it!

nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 8:31am

I really appreciate all that you do for the forum. I haven’t figured out how to link post the link friend google docs. It shouldn’t be hard since everyone else is doing it. For the time being I’m stuck with the stupid blog. 
After reading the other stories I realized that I submitted an eighth grade English composition. I’m going to work on character development and and atmosphere for the next round. There are so many exceptionally talented writers in this competition. It’s overwhelming. 

Check the top of the master list - there's a link there to the "This is for all you new people" post, which has instructions on how to do this stuff :)  
Judy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 7:01am

Just responded to your message! Entering and posting are never a mistake! :)

ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 7:37am
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

There's a 124 that's not on the list - here's the link!

It wasn't on the Master List because there was no comment to add it. I snapped it up from this post (Thanks!!) but a reminder to folks if you want to be included on the Master List leave me or Steph a comment on the correct list with a link to your forum post and we'll get yas added!

Smile
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 7:12am

Never! Wink

Can you add your story post to your sig line? I owe you a read.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>