FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting & Master Lists & Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lexiconundrum View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexiconundrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waiting & Master Lists & Tips
    Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:36am
ok, I guess I was getting overly concerned with the details :) if they've said it's ok in two places, that should negate an obscure paragraph in the fine print!
Sponsored Links

nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:22am
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

The relevant bit in the email exactly matches (in meaning) what's on the FAQ. Thank you Steph!

Operational Rule: If they post conflicting instructions, you get to follow the one that is most convenient for you.  If you get dinged for it - you get to hit them over the head with the version you followed. 

ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:02am
duplicate - oops!

Edited by ottersdaughter - 13 Jul 2019 at 1:03am
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:55am
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Check the email they sent the prompt link in!! It says multiple submissions are FINE. :)

And that is the sound of the Universe hitting me over the head a *third* time about reading all the things! LOL

The relevant bit in the email exactly matches (in meaning) what's on the FAQ. Thank you Steph!

Edited by ottersdaughter - 13 Jul 2019 at 1:03am

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:50am
Check the email they sent the prompt link in!! It says multiple submissions are FINE. :)
Flash Fiction 2019 CH1 GR3 Sew Out of Time (Sci-Fi)
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:45am
yup, para 16 sure enough...   hunh. can't tell if that's new or if they just never enforced it before...
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Lexiconundrum Lexiconundrum wrote:

this is the paragraph in the terms and conditions that seemed different to me:

“Creative Development” includes, but is not limited to, writing an ORIGINAL synopsis and short story, from first draft to 
final draft, within the Challenge Story Window. No revisions or missing pages will be accepted once the first attempt at 
an entry has been received by the LLC. Do NOT supplement your entry with any subsequent mailings or forwarding of 
documents, as such will be grounds for disqualification and forfeiture of any Entry Fee. All decisions as to compliance 
with the Challenge Story Windows are within the sole discretion of the LLC; and any such decisions by the LLC are final, 
conclusive, and binding upon all Entrants. 

I think it's around paragraph 16. Not sure how it affects resubmission rules.

I totally didn't catch that; thank you for posting it. The Q&A FAQ hasn't been updated since 2016, so I've asked over there to try and clarify, but it can take a day or two for them to reply in my experience.

Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

(and... "OTTER!!!!!!!!" <hug>)

Aww!! *hugs*

Edited by ottersdaughter - 13 Jul 2019 at 12:25am

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
Lexiconundrum View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexiconundrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:00am
this is the paragraph in the terms and conditions that seemed different to me:

“Creative Development” includes, but is not limited to, writing an ORIGINAL synopsis and short story, from first draft to 
final draft, within the Challenge Story Window. No revisions or missing pages will be accepted once the first attempt at 
an entry has been received by the LLC. Do NOT supplement your entry with any subsequent mailings or forwarding of 
documents, as such will be grounds for disqualification and forfeiture of any Entry Fee. All decisions as to compliance 
with the Challenge Story Windows are within the sole discretion of the LLC; and any such decisions by the LLC are final, 
conclusive, and binding upon all Entrants. 

I think it's around paragraph 16. Not sure how it affects resubmission rules.
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Lexiconundrum Lexiconundrum wrote:

I'm not sure if we can resubmit as many times as we like, this year. That was true in previous years,  but if you read the terms and conditions for this year, it looks like they are only accepting the first submission this time.

I don't see anything different in the "official rules & participation agreement" but it doesn't say anything about re-submissions either (it never did iirc).  Here's what it says in the FAQ on the Questions and Answers forum: 

I've noticed a mistake in the story I've submitted.  The deadline hasn't been reached yet.  Can I resubmit?

Yes.  Writers may submit as many times as they like until the submission deadline.  We take the last submission before the deadline for judging.

I'd like to assume that since that's still on the FAQ that that's still the case - but paranoid me is still going to ask!

Edited by ottersdaughter - 12 Jul 2019 at 11:54pm

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

A good reminder that it should be read even by those who've read it many times previously! I'll go reread, and post on the questions forum to get clarification if it still seems unclear to me...

Thanks Otter - appreciate you checking in. Please, share what you find!

(and... "OTTER!!!!!!!!" <hug>)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic