NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SC2019 beta reading

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:00pm
Darn. This would have been awesome. But Easter holidays loom, so I have to submit today.
Sponsored Links

SisterRosetta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SisterRosetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:05pm
Free for another beta! Message me if you'd like to swap. :)
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by beckyrcollins beckyrcollins wrote:

Can i just say, I love betas. So insightful really do add a new energy to writing. The script I thought was okay I suddenly have a whole new motivation to edit and I can see the depth of my characters in a new light. 

You guys are awesome Thumbs Up

Becky - am bleeding envy here... I haven't started mine. Not even got an idea in shape. Not going to ask what you did with the prompts, I'll see in due course, but.........well done, whatever you've got.
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

Originally posted by beckyrcollins beckyrcollins wrote:

Can i just say, I love betas. So insightful really do add a new energy to writing. The script I thought was okay I suddenly have a whole new motivation to edit and I can see the depth of my characters in a new light. 

You guys are awesome Thumbs Up

Becky - am bleeding envy here... I haven't started mine. Not even got an idea in shape. Not going to ask what you did with the prompts, I'll see in due course, but.........well done, whatever you've got.

TRUST me -- just because I've got a first draft doesn't guarantee I'll get ANY sort of placement. I like it, but it's a bit out there/ graphic and might completely bomb with the judges hahaha. I really can't wait to see how others interpreted this prompt. I only had like two ideas. Very slim pickings aha

Edited by beckyrcollins - 18 Apr 2019 at 3:46pm
SWC R1 Released (Ghost)
NatalieJames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatalieJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 3:29pm
Just added my name to the list. I can swap tonight and tonight only (ok, part of the day tomorrow, too), but mostly tonight. I am trying to make a party tomorrow if I'm not obsessing over details. 

PirateJenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PirateJenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 4:12pm
Just added my name to the spreadsheet also! Natalie James, wanna swap??
NatalieJames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatalieJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by PirateJenny PirateJenny wrote:

Just added my name to the spreadsheet also! Natalie James, wanna swap??

Sounds good. I'm about to be busy for the next 3-4 hours. I'll send you an email after one more pass. You can email me any time. 
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:41pm
This should be fun, she said.
Why not try something new? she said.
This week is Spring Break, there will be plenty of time to write and figure out how formatting a Screenplay works, she said.

Wow. I'm an idiot. Confused

Anyone feel up to Beta Reading someone who's never written a screenplay before and who JUST finished their draft??? Ermm

PM me...

--One Desperate Idiot
Tracy
SS R2 G23 River of Tears
SP R1 G28 FOURSCORE
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by T.E. Bradford T.E. Bradford wrote:

This should be fun, she said.
Why not try something new? she said.
This week is Spring Break, there will be plenty of time to write and figure out how formatting a Screenplay works, she said.

Wow. I'm an idiot. Confused

Anyone feel up to Beta Reading someone who's never written a screenplay before and who JUST finished their draft??? Ermm

PM me...

--One Desperate Idiot

Send it over! manifestlynot@gmail.com
SSC R2: Spinback

Screenplay R1: A Thousand Stings
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by manifestlynot manifestlynot wrote:

Send it over! 

Thank you SO much! Just sent it.
--Tracy
Tracy
SS R2 G23 River of Tears
SP R1 G28 FOURSCORE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic