FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crass commercial plug--first production

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crass commercial plug--first production
    Posted: Yesterday at 11:00am
Just so everyone knows--we did in fact make our goal, which means IndieGoGo keeps it the campaign open as an ongoing concern until we tell them to stop. I guess. I've never done one before so the endgame is a little hazy. :D

SSC2018:
CH1 G25 Noble Rot-15 pts
CH2 Cultivar-14 pts
CH3 G2 Unbalanced Diet
CH 4 Kickoff Meeting
Sponsored Links

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:22pm
There's a little sneak-peak teaser for donors--when we crack $5000 today we will put up public links.
SSC2018:
CH1 G25 Noble Rot-15 pts
CH2 Cultivar-14 pts
CH3 G2 Unbalanced Diet
CH 4 Kickoff Meeting
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:04pm
That looks amazing! Somehow I missed the FB page before and just liked it so I can follow along. Love the poster!!
SSC R3 - Double Dog Dare
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:21am
Ahh I think they're floating around on the Facebook page...here, try this --

some behind the scenes shots and promotional stuff there too. 
SSC2018:
CH1 G25 Noble Rot-15 pts
CH2 Cultivar-14 pts
CH3 G2 Unbalanced Diet
CH 4 Kickoff Meeting
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

Did you see the production stills? It all looks great. The DP did some incredible stuff with the location.

I didn't, are they available on one of the fundraiser pages?
SSC R3 - Double Dog Dare
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:07am
Did you see the production stills? It all looks great. The DP did some incredible stuff with the location.

SSC2018:
CH1 G25 Noble Rot-15 pts
CH2 Cultivar-14 pts
CH3 G2 Unbalanced Diet
CH 4 Kickoff Meeting
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:57am
Yeah, locations are pretty difficult. I'm intending to film mine in the small town I live in, which really helps with that part. It's exciting that your script is in post, though! It'll be exciting to see it as a finished product.
SSC R3 - Double Dog Dare
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:29pm
Having any sort of sponsorship is really nice. Cry

My script is shot and in post. We're trying to nail down locations for the director's script...which is proving a challenge since she moved last year. She has all sorts of places she could shoot back in Nashville (and indeed that's one reason we ended up shooting mine there) but she really wanted to shoot where she lives now, near Jacksonville.

Raising money would be a lot easier if I knew more people who weren't starving artists. We extended our IndieGoGo campaign and got a few large contributions, enough to make it possible to hit goal. Not sure if it's likely, though. Ask me in a week. Big smile
SSC2018:
CH1 G25 Noble Rot-15 pts
CH2 Cultivar-14 pts
CH3 G2 Unbalanced Diet
CH 4 Kickoff Meeting
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 8:10pm
How's it coming along on the short film? I just secured fiscal sponsorship for mine through WIFT, so I get to ask for donations that will be tax deductible. Got a director signed on and he has a preferred crew that he has contacts with, so it works out well since I have none lol. Now to raise funds and get the rest going! Any other tidbits you've learned along the way, please share! 
SSC R3 - Double Dog Dare
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:49pm
Also: even when you wrote it in the script, hearing a scream out of the closed set room -- and hearing it repeated -- and modulated -- takes getting used to.
SSC2018:
CH1 G25 Noble Rot-15 pts
CH2 Cultivar-14 pts
CH3 G2 Unbalanced Diet
CH 4 Kickoff Meeting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic