NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beta reader request for QUICK turnaround next Sun?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beta reader request for QUICK turnaround next Sun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KJHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beta reader request for QUICK turnaround next Sun?
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 4:15pm
So here's the deal. I'm getting married this Saturday and very well may not get the opportunity to write my second story. I'm going to try my damndest! BUT. If I *do* get it done, it won't be until later on Sunday.

I'm crowd-sourcing here to see if there will be anyone willing to read and turnaround critique in a VERY short timeframe Sunday night, running up to deadline time? I'm currently in Group 82 if that matters. I would be so, so grateful!!

I really want to fit this in... hoping I can carve out some "me" time on Sunday while recovering from my inevitable hangover. I'm worried it won't happen. But. Needs must, right? :)

TIA!
FFCCh#2 GR82 The Man of Blood
SSC R1 H117 The Price of Fire
Jtowery View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtowery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:40pm
Of course! Happy to help. I mean, NYCM first, but wedding is important too, right?

Jen
KJHunter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:18am
Yay! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, and let's just cross our fingers that I can hammer out something - anything! - this Sunday. I highly doubt I'll have any time Saturday morning to work on anything but you never know. I'll be taking my computer so maybe while I'm having my pre-wedding mimosas I can at least get a rough outline? LOL
TheDustyZebra View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDustyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:05am
I'm always writing late on Sunday, pushing the deadline, so hit me up. I do technically have to go to bed by the deadline, because it's ten pm my time and I get up at five am Monday for work, but I'm in here anyway. LOL
100MF2020 R1 G26 If at First You Don't Succeed (Historical Fiction)
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:59am
We're here to help. I'll try to be alert to your request--DM me if you need to flag me down.

Also, once you get the license and sign it in the presence of witnesses, you're married, so you can skip all the ceremonies. They're just for guests. ;)
FF2020 R1G38 Romance | Paper Cuts
SSP2020 C1G14 Ghost | RAISING HOLY HELL
KJHunter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 12:08pm
Haha!  You people are the best! I am not a fan of romance, or comedy, or... romantic comedy... but I'm almost hoping that's my assigned genre so I can incorporate my wedding shenanigans into the story. Or hell, even if it's horror.....  ;)
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:42pm
I wish I could offer to help, because this is the funniest request for a beta reader I've seen. Unfortunately, I'm off line in the evenings, so I'll be useless to you. But I do wish you the best of luck, with the story and the ceremony!
GR 24
You Are Forgiven Drama
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 2:10pm
This is just so hilarious.....I had to step up to the plate. I’m in the UK and am notoriously bad for going absolutely to the wire, but if I can help, I will certainly try.
It just shows what a mad lot we are, that we are so focussed on writing something that you’d have your laptop there at your wedding haha!

I can just imagine you during the wedding vows, fluffing them as you quote a line from the story you’re mulling over in your head instead of your supposed line!

If you don’t get Rom-Com, someone who does should totally use this for a story idea!

And all the very best for your wedding day and nuptials....Your poor partner lol! 

Enjoy your day.....it will fly by....... you can bash out a story on Sunday, no sweat!

Paula x

2020 Flash Ch1 G99 BLUE MURDER
2020 Flash Ch2 G99 Memories of a Wallflower
Rosie J View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosie J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 4:46am
Aww congrats for Saturday! And happy to Beta for you on Sunday, I've kept the day free for beta reading and final edits :)
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 7:23am
Offering beta services also, but I'm not as much of a hardcore Brit as Paula! I'm usually submitted and asleep 5 hours before the deadline, just cause I can't stay up till the final 5am hour. So if you find you've got a couple of hours till submission, gimme a shout. Till then, best wishes for the wedding! xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic