NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too many comments in a time period warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachLisaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too many comments in a time period warning
    Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 1:48pm
Is there a way for admin to reset the forum, so that when we're reading and commenting, we don't keep getting this error message? Right after the forum opens, there is a LOT of posting and commenting. You write a nice comment to someone with feedback, get the error message, and you have to rewrite whatever you wrote. At least for the next couple of days, we will all be commenting and posting a lot. It's really frustrating to keep getting that error message.
Will do my best to return reads!
R1-250
Archive
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 8:33pm

Haha, this has been happening for years. I always copy what I have written 
before hitting post reply, then when it does that to me I just try again, maybe 
maybe change something a little.
CoachLisaB View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CoachLisaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Haha, this has been happening for years. I always copy what I have written 
before hitting post reply, then when it does that to me I just try again, maybe 
maybe change something a little.

I know! Can't hurt to ask them to fix it, though, right? 😉 I try to remember to copy my post, but often forget.
R1-250
Archive
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 11:04am
We are sorry for any inconvenience! There were some settings meant to prevent spamming, but we have adjusted them so that users can now make a new post every 20 seconds, as opposed to a minute previously. If you are still having issues, please let us know and we can look into this further. Thank you, and sorry again for the inconvenience!

--
Next up is the 100-word Microfiction Challenge 2024 kicking off April 19th
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachLisaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2022 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by NYC Midnight NYC Midnight wrote:

We are sorry for any inconvenience! There were some settings meant to prevent spamming, but we have adjusted them so that users can now make a new post every 20 seconds, as opposed to a minute previously. If you are still having issues, please let us know and we can look into this further. Thank you, and sorry again for the inconvenience!

Thank you so much!
R1-250
Archive
tcFlash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 6:43pm
I am in the habit of copying my comment before I submit it. Then I can just paste it back in for a second try. 
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoachLisaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by tcFlash tcFlash wrote:

I am in the habit of copying my comment before I submit it. Then I can just paste it back in for a second try. 

I do that when I remember! Haha. But it was helpful of the admins to change the time frame, especially when there's a flurry of comments right after we all submit and when the placements are announced.
R1-250
Archive
 Post Reply Post Reply