NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TOO HOT TO WRITE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 11:54pm
Too Hot to Write is the name of Write Said Fred's next album.

(Sorry...)Ermm
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

(Sorry...)Ermm

I'm too sexy for my screenplay?

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Originally posted by Zblugg Zblugg wrote:

(Sorry...)Ermm

I'm too sexy for my screenplay?

And I do my little turn on the forums?
tomsk View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

LOL ... Ever left your cellphone in the sun or on the dashboard and it shuts down because it's too hot? Well, I'm out in my back yard under an awning ... And my laptop just shut down from the heat ... It's dry, like Arizona heat ... I checked and it's 42C ... 114F ... Suck on that, Northern Hemisphere types!

Well I had it tough this weekend.  The Royal National Park bushfire got so close that you could see it from my house, had I backed up, had I f**k. So the evacuation list now includes passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, insurance details, dog, family, water, and laptop. That list isn't necessarily in order of importance. Our bushfire plan isn't stay and defend, it's to get the f**k out. Now that's hot.
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by tomsk tomsk wrote:

Well I had it tough this weekend.  The Royal National Park bushfire got so close that you could see it from my house, had I backed up, had I f**k. So the evacuation list now includes passports, birth certificates, marriage certificate, insurance details, dog, family, water, and laptop. That list isn't necessarily in order of importance. Our bushfire plan isn't stay and defend, it's to get the f**k out. Now that's hot.

A 1" (2.5cm) attack hose, the smallest we use around here, has about 50GPM of flow.  I wouldn't go after a burn without a 1.75" (150-200GPM).  Your average garden hose runs between 6 and 25 GPM, depending on how long the hose is and your water pressure.

Discretion is the better part of valor.  Take the things you can't replace and replace the things you can.  Best of luck; take care of you and your family!

Tomsk.  I can't get the little town in Russia out of my head.  Just north of Tomsk is a whole bunch of zip codes that don't exist...still...
tomsk View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

A 1" (2.5cm) attack hose, the smallest we use around here, has about 50GPM of flow.  I wouldn't go after a burn without a 1.75" (150-200GPM).  Your average garden hose runs between 6 and 25 GPM, depending on how long the hose is and your water pressure.

Discretion is the better part of valor.  Take the things you can't replace and replace the things you can.  Best of luck; take care of you and your family!

Tomsk.  I can't get the little town in Russia out of my head.  Just north of Tomsk is a whole bunch of zip codes that don't exist...still...

I've seen a bushfire up close twice and you really can't fight it with a domestic hose.  I recall a photo from a few years ago of a family in Tasmania, sheltering under a small wooden dock in a river, whilst all around the sky burned.  Fire is a deep fear here in Oz, related to the fact that as invading colonials we don't respect the land and it's rhythms and feel we should be punished for that. I'm sure there's a screenplay in there somewhere. 

As for Tomsk - it's a nickname from school.  There was an animated TV series called The Wombles, who lived on Wimbledon Common in London, and they were all named after different places in the world, Uncle Bulgaria, Orinoco, and a few others.  The large, stupid, slightly slow one, was called Tomsk.  And this became my school nickname. I've never been to Tomsk, one day, perhaps.
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 9:13am

I've seen a bushfire up close twice and you really can't fight it with a domestic hose.  I recall a photo from a few years ago of a family in Tasmania, sheltering under a small wooden dock in a river, whilst all around the sky burned.  Fire is a deep fear here in Oz, related to the fact that as invading colonials we don't respect the land and it's rhythms and feel we should be punished for that. I'm sure there's a screenplay in there somewhere. 

As for Tomsk - it's a nickname from school.  There was an animated TV series called The Wombles, who lived on Wimbledon Common in London, and they were all named after different places in the world, Uncle Bulgaria, Orinoco, and a few others.  The large, stupid, slightly slow one, was called Tomsk.  And this became my school nickname. I've never been to Tomsk, one day, perhaps.

Desperate people do desperate things, but they sometimes forget what's important in the process.  I've seen it quite a few times.  By the time reality bites some guy in turnouts has to do something fun dangerous to go get them.  Be safe!  The smoke will sneak up on you too!

Tomsk isn't a town you visit (assuming you can; might still be closed).  My wife has a friend that lives there, though.  She met a guy on-line, went out on a date, and is a single mother now.  No idea where he went; back home I suspect.  Things are different over there.  There are screenplays in that, too, but they're kind of depressing, honestly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12