NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today's the day! 100 word micro final results!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today's the day! 100 word micro final results!
    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 2:06am
It's today, right?? I'd managed to put this to the back of my mind, but now it's results day I feel a constant refreshing coming on! 
How are you other finalists feeling? 
I'm in the UK so it could actually be 5am tomorrow for me, but I'm hoping it'll be before I go to bed! The judges can't STILL be deliberating, can they?
Strangely, I feel less nervous than when the round 2 results were coming out,  I think because I SO wanted to make it to the final, and thought I had an OKish chance of getting there. This time round, I think I'm feeling there's less chance of me actually placing in the top 15, and I'm just thrilled to have made it this far! (But of course, sneaky hopes that I might have placed do keep glimmering through!) 
What are your thoughts, everyone? 
Nichola Thompson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nichola Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 4:01am
Oh wow, are results today? Good luck!

momjourno View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momjourno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:31am
Yes, this is pretty much how I feel too! I really wanted the chance to write in the final so was quite giddy to get round 2 results. But I didn't really enter this expecting to win anything, so not as anxious about today's results. Relatively happy with my piece, though (especially after some time away from it LOL) and excited to see which forum participants rank well. There are some pieces on here I really loved. 
2023 MF250, round 1: Deathocracy
Author Archive
Katie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by momjourno momjourno wrote:

Yes, this is pretty much how I feel too! I really wanted the chance to write in the final so was quite giddy to get round 2 results. But I didn't really enter this expecting to win anything, so not as anxious about today's results. Relatively happy with my piece, though (especially after some time away from it LOL) and excited to see which forum participants rank well. There are some pieces on here I really loved. 

Yes! Exactly how I feel! I didn't read many of the final stories on here, I felt pretty drained from it straight after, so I'm excited to read some more today! :) 
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:28am
See, I thought results came out yesterday, and managed to show what I thought was an admirable level of restraint while waiting for the email.

I also have no real thought I'm going to win anything, but I'm excited to see who does - a quarter of entrants posted to the forums, so we should see several people placing!
BlackGate View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackGate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:38am
Hoping to appear somewhere in the list - I have a habit of making NYCM finals but not appearing in that final mail!

Good luck everyone.
Micro 250 R1 - The Iron Harvest
Micro 250 R2 - The Phantom
surnica View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surnica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:22pm
Should be less than twelve hours now, eh?
We're super anxious over here.
Katie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by surnica surnica wrote:

Should be less than twelve hours now, eh?
We're super anxious over here.

I'm so hoping it's before I go to bed! Anybody know when they announced it last year?? 
surnica View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surnica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 4:33pm
I don't know about last year.  

I'm guessing you're headed to bed soon in UK.  
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 6:29pm
Good luck everyone! I'm hopeful to see a ton of forumites at the top

By my chat records we had results by 3:30 PM PST last year which is ... well, right now. But the past rarely dictates the future with these things ;)

Edited by taaaylor - 14 Oct 2021 at 6:29pm
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>