NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"This is for all you new people..."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

Originally posted by S. N. Fisher S. N. Fisher wrote:

But the Master List instructions said to post on this forum??? 

BTW, just so you know--don't worry if you get something wrong your first foray into this space. The software for the forums is wonky. You are surrounded by friends and supportive mentors! Just go with the flow.

This is why I like NYCM so much. Most people are extremely helpful and supportive. :)
Sponsored Links

queer curmudgeon View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queer curmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:10pm
i appreciate this guidance, but to me it is not very simple or easy to follow, and when i try to edit my profile it now doesnt accept the email i've always had associated with my name. after an hour and a half, i'm no closer to getting it, is there any reason why it's so complicated?
the queer curmudgeon
the reluctant dragonslayer

Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by queer curmudgeon queer curmudgeon wrote:

i appreciate this guidance, but to me it is not very simple or easy to follow, and when i try to edit my profile it now doesnt accept the email i've always had associated with my name. after an hour and a half, i'm no closer to getting it, is there any reason why it's so complicated?

Maybe you're having bad luck because the forum is wonky right now. Are you putting the url tags around your story link?
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:34pm
Bumping to the top Tongue
JingleBells View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JingleBells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:17am
Thanks for this advice - I'm a newbie and have already made a blooper (posted a link to my story on somebody else's topic - oops).  Fixed it now! I might have to earmark this somehow for ease of reference! Cheers
purplegoofballface View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purplegoofballface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:28am
Hi! Noob here, I am trying to hyperlink the title of my short in a new topic, however when I save the google drive shareable link to my clip board it doesn't show up in the drop down menu for the hyperlink button. I feel silly having this problem but maybe someone here can aide me? Thank you!

Edited by purplegoofballface - 08 Feb 2018 at 3:28am
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:25am
Originally posted by purplegoofballface purplegoofballface wrote:

Hi! Noob here, I am trying to hyperlink the title of my short in a new topic, however when I save the google drive shareable link to my clip board it doesn't show up in the drop down menu for the hyperlink button. I feel silly having this problem but maybe someone here can aide me? Thank you!

Hi purplegooofballface (love the name )

To get feedback on your story, you should start by creating a new message in the Short Story Challenge  sub forum. (Go to that forum and click the New Topict button at the top of the message list).

Put the link to your google document in that post.  You'll then find a URL at the top of your screen for that post - copy this, and put it into your signature.  Then people will be able to click on the link to find your post (and your story).

Hope this helps. 

Edited by maiaco - 08 Feb 2018 at 4:26am
SSC Rd 1: Twisted Threads

No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

purplegoofballface View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purplegoofballface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 5:57pm
Graciously I thank you! I think I was thinking too hard... LOL
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 4:43pm
Hey Joe!  It been so long since I have...

No idea why that line jumped into my head.  Olongopo isn't like that anymore, right?

Bump for the new folks just now joining the forums.
2018 Screenplay: Employee of the Quarter
NYC newcomer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYC newcomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 5:28am

Edited by NYC newcomer - 13 Mar 2018 at 5:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 17>
  Share Topic