NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"This is for all you new people..."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nixie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by buffygirl buffygirl wrote:

Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

Creative Writing Corner is an open forum. This means that anyone on the internet can see what is here.  When posting links to stories, you are *strongly* advised to post in the forum for your contest – which can only be accessed by those in your contest.

Am I missing something? I don't see a forum for my contest ...

They will create it, probably on Monday.  There's a new one for each contest, each year (if you look in the archives you'l see FFC 2018, for example :) )
FFC Ch1: Dance of Death

I'm reading for fun, not returns. If you don't visit my story, I'll assume you were reading 200 others :)
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 12:45am
Originally posted by buffygirl buffygirl wrote:

Originally posted by nixie nixie wrote:

Creative Writing Corner is an open forum. This means that anyone on the internet can see what is here.  When posting links to stories, you are *strongly* advised to post in the forum for your contest – which can only be accessed by those in your contest.

Am I missing something? I don't see a forum for my contest ...

We won’t get the 2019 FF subforum until next week. 
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:21pm
BUMP! In preparation for tomorrow's confirmation emails. 

Newbies: Please go to PAGE ONE and read the original post for some really great forum tips! :)
Flash Fiction 2020 C1 G76 Liquid Courage (Fantasy)
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:43pm
Bimp
This Sig Intentionally Blank
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Bimp

I should use 'ping' and 'pong'.  In computers you can 'ping' a server.  The return packet is a 'pong'.  Really.

EllaKStahr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllaKStahr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:21pm
I have a quick question. Is it alright to review your group? I've read them, but I don't want to review them if that's a no-no. 
FFC G55 Caper: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic22532_post283378.html#283378
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by EllaKStahr EllaKStahr wrote:

I have a quick question. Is it alright to review your group? I've read them, but I don't want to review them if that's a no-no. 

Um.  Huh?

That's my brilliant repartee for the day.
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:27pm

It's perfectly fine to review others in your group. In fact, it's always nice to stop by to at least acknowledge that you read their entry.

It's up to you how much actual critique you want to offer heatmates. Some people may just do at "hello" and point out the cool things that their heatmates did with the prompts. Other people do a more detailed review. All depends on your comfort level.

But at the very least a "hi" is nice. I always appreciate it when a heatmate stops by.

Welcome to the forum!
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:34pm
Bump for any new people who are still trickling into the party :)
Flash Fiction 2020 C1 G76 Liquid Courage (Fantasy)
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 11:05am

Sure. If anything the first place I go is always my group as it's always fascinating to see what other people did with the prompts. I remember last year before we got the all-clear one group (the one with a ship, and IIRC it was fantasy or horror) was convinced based on log lines and discussion that they'd all end up with a bunch of stories that were basically alike. Then when people started posting everything was radically different!
FFC 2020 Ch 1 Gr 21: Cellared
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
  Share Topic