NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They're in!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian4210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They're in!
    Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 6:16pm
OMFG, I made it.

Congrats to you all!!!  SO many amazing stories.  I'm just in shock. 

Edited by Trillian4210 - 17 Nov 2011 at 6:23pm
No matter where you go...there you are.
Sponsored Links

Donovan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 6:24pm
Thump. Thump. Thump. Wink

Congrats Trill (you suck)! Seriously happy for you! Go get 'em!

Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 6:29pm
I made it too! 5th place. Feels like skin of my teeth and I'm intimidated by some of the other's going forward's synopsis, let alone actual stories! My family is coming in town tomorrow night too. Hopefully they're more inspiration than distraction. Cause I'm going to need it. :)
Trillian4210 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian4210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 6:33pm
Thanks, Donovan!  I'm just so surprised. I don't know what to say. The competition in our group  was insane. I reread your story just this morning in a fit of anxiety.      Thank you for the encouragement.    /weak response of uncertitude and sugar rush from the grande gingerbread latte I chugged not moments ago...
Donovan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 6:36pm
I think all the stories that made it that were posted to the forum were great and very deserving of the finals. Go Forumites and Forum Harpies!
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian4210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 6:41pm

Congrats, Eggcorn! 

DBA Lehane View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBA Lehane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 7:14pm
Well done you guys and the others making it! I'll have to console myself with an honourable mention. Best of luck this weekend.
FFC15 4th placed finalist / SSC14 & SSC16 finalist
Laszlo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laszlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 7:14pm
Wow!  I actually made it to the finals.  Sincerely surprised.  And frantically scrambling to find time to write this weekend.

Congrats Trillian and Eggcorn and LG and all the others who made it to the finals, and of course congrats to everyone!  I've been having a very, very good time discussing writing with you, reading your stories and sharing these moments through the ether.  So thank you all!

"Don't worry, everything is getting nicely out of control." - Douglas Adams

Frozen Sections
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 8:04pm
So happy for everyone that's made it through to the Finals, but of course I'm holding out for a Forumite FOR THE WIN! What a talented bunch you are!  Good luck with your writing this weekend.  
Broccoli and Buckwheat

No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian4210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2011 at 8:54pm
Congrats, Laszlo!

LG won this sucker two years ago.  She's our Forumite representative out for another term.  Gotta try to unseat the incumbent...

And actually, the writer who won last year--super talent Natalie Grant--is in it to win it too.  Yikes. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic