NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Submitted Bar Lounge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BuryBadBooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Submitted Bar Lounge
    Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 10:38pm
Pull up a chair. Have a brandy. Or six.

How's everyone feeling? I'm wondering what I liked more - the week long tiny bits of writing and editing (and then speed high ball beta-ing and editing in the last 6 hours on the last day) or the 48 hour power typing of the Flash Fiction contest (and then speed high ball beta-ing and editing in the last 3 hours on the last day) better.

Anyway. My fingers actually hurt from typing all day. I think I beta-ed like...15 stories today alone. That's a LOT. I've earned my six drinks.
You read mine, I read yours. SS #1: Grand Finale
Zephrey London View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zephrey London Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 10:45pm
I feel pretty confident. I wrote my story in an hour and then have spent the last 6 days editing like a mad woman. I really enjoyed Beta reading others. So much talent. I think that I have finally accepted my final final final final final final submission :) 
lnLala View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lnLala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:04pm
A nice hot cup of tea for me.

First week of classes, lingering COVID brain fog, and spy genre as part of my prompt made this one a rough go. Thanks to a lot of editing and great betas, I think it officially now doesn't totally suck. 
FF23 Ch3 Gr13 Confession (thriller)
GenieAZ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenieAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:10pm
I am never sure how things will be received by the judges, but to my surprise, I like my story (I have never advanced with Suspense).  I had my idea on day one, but it took me five days to figure out how to begin.  Fingers crossed!
cford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:15pm
Enjoying a frozen tropical beverage here. (It is just after 3pm sunday afternoon in Australia and a 36c summer day)
Submitted 3 times the last few days.
Finally decided to stop playing with it or I'd end up making it worse.
An out of comfort zone romance done. No idea where it will land, how the judges might receive it but I'm relatively happy with it and wouldn't have thought I would be a week ago.
Well done everyone, I'm looking forward to reading lots of stories next week on the forums.
Rest up, relax, enjoy yourselves. We did it!!

Edited by cford - 22 Jan 2022 at 11:15pm
robcunn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robcunn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:15pm
I wrote mine in a mad-dash of semi-inspiration this morning and all things considered, I'm happy with it! I don't know what's wrong with me, I could have done this a week ago and spent the rest of the time editing but alas, I must do everything down to the wire. 

Still, I'm satisfied with what I produced and hopeful.
SSC2023 R1, G188 RomCom/Outdated/Mediator: The Empath & the Sorcerer
Kneazle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kneazle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:16pm
Well it's finished. I'm not sure it'll do very well but it's done and it's entered.
A.P.N. View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.P.N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:21pm
Submitted with an hour to spare and immediately found a typo. Has changing the file type in Google drive been a problem for anyone else? I desperately spammed the save-as button and it finally worked, but it was making me nervous. I had comedy and am nervous that it isn't funny enough, but I'm happy that it's done.

Edited by A.P.N. - 22 Jan 2022 at 11:22pm
alelha View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alelha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:22pm
After my initial nausea at pulling rom-com yet again I managed to knuckle down and write a story today. And surprisingly, it’s not terrible.

Edited by alelha - 22 Jan 2022 at 11:23pm
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:22pm
Historical fiction, so most of it was written for me. Pulled bits and pieces from elsewhere; pretty sure this isn't going anywhere, but I've never been through round two anyway.
This sig intentionally blank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>