NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Surprises of the Evening

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 2:02pm
I really dug Binky and Family Duty; I was disappointed neither of those got recognized.
2184pro View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2184pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 4:50am
Binky is a frightening story. I loved it as much as I hated it. That's a compliment, by the way. I only hated it because it scared me. It's a very creepy, unsettling, don't turn off the light kind of story. A monster of a different look as it were.

Regardless of its standing in this contest it should be produced. That story has good parts for actors, worthy challenges for a crew and would be a great line on a resume for the director and writer.

I might even watch it. Even though it SCARES ME!!!!!

Check out my other videos. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=2184pro
Jerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2006 at 7:36am
Wow--thanks for all the nice words about Binky!  I'm disappointed it didn't make it, of course, but the script that made it to the finals wasn't posted, and I'm sure it's really awesome.  No doubt the judges made the right decision.

All the comments given to me on the forum were super helpful, so I don't consider this a "loss" in a traditional sense--I'm applying all the suggestions, in a general way, to a new feature screenplay I'm working on.  I've learned so much from this competition, because of the wonderful forums--it was a great experience, despite the result.  So thank you everyone!

Jerry

trike View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2006 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Jerry Jerry wrote:

All the comments given to me on the forum were super helpful, so I don't consider this a "loss" in a traditional sense--I'm applying all the suggestions, in a general way, to a new feature screenplay I'm working on.  I've learned so much from this competition, because of the wonderful forums--it was a great experience, despite the result.  So thank you everyone!

Jerry

I'm with Jerry on this: sharing the scripts and getting feedback were extremely valuable, and seeing real-time responses to queries was very cool.  The intersection of "this is what I get from it" and "this is what I meant by it" -- for others as well as my own -- was helpful in seeing what kinds of storytelling worked and what didn't.

Edited by trike - 21 Sep 2006 at 1:27am
Doug
--
Let me have it! (Script reviews, that is.)
Game On -- Heat 10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567