NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Submitted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal_sherwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Submitted
    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 12:34pm
Chuck here,

Hey everyone.  Have you submitted yet?  If so, how do you feel?  I received very helpful hints and tools from other great writers on this platform and have submitted.  I feel really good about it, but I guess the judges will be the final say.  I hope that you all did/are doing well and I think its an awesome platform.  The beta sheet is a very helpful networking tool so if you haven't filled out your information please do.

all the best,

Chuck Wood
Cal Sherwood
GaleGirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaleGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 1:48pm
Hey, Chuck.

Still picking at my story. For me the hardest thing is steeling my nerve and pushing the submit button. I appreciate the tip on the beta sheet, but am not sure where is is. Good on you for being a newbie and knowing that.

Good luck!

Gale
Sara.E.Tall View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara.E.Tall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:29am
Originally posted by GaleGirl GaleGirl wrote:

Hey, Chuck.

Still picking at my story. For me the hardest thing is steeling my nerve and pushing the submit button. I appreciate the tip on the beta sheet, but am not sure where is is. Good on you for being a newbie and knowing that.

Good luck!

Gale

Here's a link to what they are talking about if you are interested xD

GaleGirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaleGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Sara.E.Tall Sara.E.Tall wrote:

Here's a link to what they are talking about if you are interested xD

Thanks so much, Sara! You are very kind to send the link. Do you just send the story to the email listed if the status is open?

troy0905 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troy0905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 10:37pm
Just clicked the button and got the confirmation email. I will nitpick until the adrenaline wears off. I hate that google docs and word give different word counts. I am always convinced that I missed the changing of a name or a detail. 
Tanya
ethom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 11:10pm
I did the majority of my work on my story today and up until a like 2 hours ago I really did not like it. But after major editing I am so proud of myself and I think it is one of the best short stories I have written!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic