NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SSC R3: Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SSC R3: Titles and Synopses
    Posted: 23 May 2022 at 12:15am
Congrats everyone on conquering this round! 1500 words in 48 hours is a hell of a feat, and you're all excellent writers.

Feel free to share your title and synopsis below! There were some crazy prompts this time and I'm stoked to see where you went with them :3
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 12:29am
Group 1: thriller / an interception / an alumnus

Schrodinger's Revenge

In a future where anything is hackable, ultra-rich elites travel back in time to transmit their quantum banking information without cyber-interception—that's where time-jumping hacker Rhexa James comes in. The target: Victoria Koch, CEO of Quantum Solutions Corp; the era: Rome, 64 A.D.; the job: revenge.
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 12:37am

Group 4: Fairy Tale, Gold Rush, Estimator 
The synopsis isn't the best, but I'm happy with everything else, even if I did have to cut 300 words in the final hour... 

The Golden Estimate

The City of Running Gold is rife with prospectors, beauty, and distrust. If she summons the fabled Grand Estimator, can Jakia restore the love of her neighbors?
iress View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Eggcorn Eggcorn wrote:

Group 4: Fairy Tale, Gold Rush, Estimator 
The synopsis isn't the best, but I'm happy with everything else, even if I did have to cut 300 words in the final hour... 

The Golden Estimate

The City of Running Gold is rife with prospectors, beauty, and distrust. If she summons the fabled Grand Estimator, can Jakia restore the love of her neighbors?

Hi group mate! This sounds like it’s got heart! Nice. 

iress View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 12:45am
Group 4 / fairy tale / gold rush/ an estimator 

Pay Dirt

A calculating prospector seeks to claim what isn't rightfully his. 

Fortunately, he gets exactly what he wants. 

I really like my title. The rest….well I’m gonna need some space for now. But I really like my title!

Congrats all on submitting!

td333777 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:00am
Group 3: Horror/Money Laundering/Locksmith

Damned Spot

A cartel money-launderer is about to discover that some stains simply will not vanish, no matter how hard you scrub.

FF '17 - 1st, SSC '18 - 2nd, FF '20 - 7th
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:12am
Group 3: horror, money laundering, a locksmith

The Sunnydaze Motel

With Daddy missing, Claire and Brenda must fix up the Sunnydaze Motel on their own.

Luckily, Daddy taught them everything he knows.

G81 SS The Momento
Micro250 The Younger Man HM
R2 G10 Rhyming The Substitute HM
LivStrom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LivStrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:16am
G1 Thriller / An interception / An alumnus

I'm so greatful for my beta readers helping me transform my suspense historical fiction into something resembling a thriller. Struggled as I love the true story so much that anything I added or changed felt wrong Decided in the end that it has to work mostly as is - and if the judges think it's too much hist fic I'll live with it.

Halting the Uranium Club

In 1943, the world race to build the atomic bomb and Germany occupied Norway has Europe’s largest heavy water plant. When intercepted communications show the importance of the facility for Nazi research, Norwegian resistance fighters are sent to destroy it. Based on real events.

Reasonably_Crazy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reasonably_Crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:40am
Group 7: ghost story | A fundraising event | a caretaker

Richard and Jesse are Dead

The ghost of Jesse, who shuffled off this mortal coil just two years ago, is bound to the same theater as the Shakespearian spirit of Richard. Jesse tries to prevent Richard from wreaking havoc during the theater’s annual fundraiser—until Jesse sees his ex on a date with someone new.

northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 1:53am
Group 2: Romance, localism, an evening student

Roll for Submission

While exploring a new city, two nerdy D & D players get lost on the way to an evening class on Advanced Orc Battle and accidentally find themselves in the wrong kind of dungeon.

Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>