NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SSC 2023 What did you get?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popsicle Crows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SSC 2023 What did you get?
    Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:20pm
Crime Caper. Again.
omg.

43, Crime Caper, A motorcade, an appraiser.
Best feedback from my crime caper Short Story started with, "What the actual FK?" LOL
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:23pm

40 - RomCom -   eureka moment - chauffeur

Not real happy getting RomCom again, was hoping for something I could go really dark with, but still way better than spy...
DContara View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DContara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:23pm
Gr. 13 - A/A - Divide and conquer - A welder

A/A is not my top choice, but I can work with this...
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:26pm
I’d love Caper! I got stuck with my least favorite genre, and I didn’t even do anything to jinx myself this time around LOL Group 58: Comedy / Nostalgia / A cashier. I managed to have a blast with even PolSat, but I’m really not looking forward to Comedy… ugh.
Trying not to start the challenge so pessimistic, but it’s really hard to get excited over the only genre out of all the offerings that I just cannot wrap my head around… I tried putting a PolSat/RomCom twist on my last Comedy just to submit something, and a judge said nothing happened in that story, so it “dragged on”. And at the time, that was truly my best possible attempt at Comedy. Eek Confused

Edited by CamsynClair - 25 Mar 2023 at 6:59am
Christian Major View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Christian Major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Not real happy getting RomCom again, was hoping for something I could go really dark with, but still way better than spy...

Same group!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Christian Major Christian Major wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Same group!

Have fun with it! I don't have an inkling yet, but about to open word and start writing first lines, that always gets my juices started, I hope....
Christian Major View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christian Major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:35pm
I'm gonna sleep on it a bit first, but Romantic comedy... I definitely have a few things up my sleeve for that!

I just need to let myself draw it out, instead of just making it twelve pages of witty back-and-forth... 😉

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Christian Major Christian Major wrote:

I'm gonna sleep on it a bit first, but Romantic comedy... I definitely have a few things up my sleeve for that!

I just need to let myself draw it out, instead of just making it twelve pages of witty back-and-forth... 😉

Yeah, they are definitely looking for some depth in these, I have tried the slap stick rout and got dinged for it.
Popsicle Crows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popsicle Crows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:03am
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

I’d love Caper! I got stuck with my least favorite genre, and I didn’t even do anything to jinx myself this time around LOL Group 58: Comedy / Nostalgia / A cashier. I managed to have a blast with even PolSat, but I’m really not looking forward to Comedy… ugh.
Trying not to start the challenge so pessimistic, but it’s really hard to get excited over the only genre out of all the offerings that I just cannot wrap my head around… I tried putting a PolSat/RomCom twist on my last Comedy just to submit something, and I judge said nothing happened in that story, so it “dragged on”. And at the time, that was truly my best possible attempt at Comedy. Eek Confused

You got this. You already have a wonderful sense of humour in your forum posts so just write a story and then inject your own quirks into it.
I turned a crime caper into what some termed 'erotica' so I'm clearly out in left field with Caper. What doesn't kill me makes me laugh. Comedy can be about political issues too. Yeah, you got this.

Edited by Popsicle Crows - 25 Mar 2023 at 12:04am
Zero11 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zero11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:14am
I am regretting signing up last minute. 

Romance, a memento, and bandmaster

How in the world is “a memento” a subject?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>