NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

spamming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calksb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spamming
    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 7:58pm
Confused

So I am sick and stuck inside doing nothing. I thought I would read other FF submissions, and review them, since I usually don't have time to do many at all. If any.

I was reading and enjoying the submissions. There are a lot of good writers out there.
About 15 minutes ago I came back in. read another story, typed up a review, and hit send and got a "SPAMMING IS NOT ALLOWED" message, saying I had posted too much in too short of a time.

So, It's been about 6 hours, and I have done 5 or MAYBE 10 little reviews. ( I don't think so, but trying to be fair)

I didn't know about this being called "spamming" since I am not trying to sell anything. But the main thing is, I just hadn't seen anything in the rules about that...even after I came back and looked.

So, I apologize, but also, the rule should be clear. I will be well again in a few days and lucky to get any reviewing in. 

I am hoping this gets posted. Meanwhile I will copy and save it. And try again later. 

calksb
Sponsored Links

manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:24pm
That warning usually comes up if you post too quickly after your previous post (I don't know the exact time but I've certainly been guilty of it before). If you wait a few minutes and post again it should work fine.
calksb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calksb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:51pm
Thanks for the reply!

I just took the time to read several more stories. But I haven't reviewed yet because I was afraid of being banned. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic