NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So... who's quarantining themselves?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lord Xoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 10:50pm
I've been self quarantining for going on 20 years now
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:22am
After FINALLY being told today that we are working from home, I can start self-quarantining. Aside from going to work and grocery shopping, I haven't been leaving my house for over a week. From now on, just grocery shopping, I guess.
SS 2020/Ch.1:
Dracularry
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:32am
I think any contests are going to see an uptick in the quality from the people that always had to balance between life and the writing as they will be able to give 100% now.
SSC R1 Northern Zoo
[URL=https:[/URL]
KLNorman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLNorman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:20pm
As a teacher, I’ve been at home with my kiddos for a week and although I want to just sit down and write without disruption, the creatures that I care for keep demanding sustenance and attention every 20 minutes. Whenever there’s a break I feel the pressure to be super productive and then feel guilt when I let the day pass without accomplishing much. I need to allow myself to chill being that I’m only on day 5 of however long this quarantine will last. Here’s to taking one day at a time!
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 3:07pm
Still working as normal - or as normal as possible. My husband and I work in food, so procedures are changing by the day, but there's not much we can do from home. 

On a non-professional level, my anxiety has been so perpetually high the past couple of weeks that I haven't been able to settle down long enough to write more than about 60 words. I'm going to try to finish off a new edit of a flash story tonight. 
Micro#1 - One More Day 6th
Micro#2 - Scavengers
rachell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:55pm
Stay-at-home mom, here. Been stuck with the little ones for two weeks, now, unable to take them to grandparents' house or indoor play areas. We're doing ok - husband can work from home and comes down for lunch, which has been nice. No writing, alas.
roccapia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 5:27pm
A Washingtonian here - I had a low fever all last week (better now) so I've quarantined myself completely for at least 2 weeks. I did go for a neighborhood walk today, the first exercise I've gotten in over a week. I have been busy writing though, so that's good! I am on complete telework for the near future. Should be working now. Back to it. :S
sgspeed View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:02pm
It helps that I live in the middle of nowhere. My boarding school (where I live and work) let all the kids go for Spring Break a week ago, and they aren't coming back. When I go to the store, I go to one in a non-infected county. Miss the local margaritas, but otherwise...life in the Wild West.

bookmama View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bookmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:26am
I'm a doctor so no self-isolation possible. Still hoping that, if I get through the first round which is by no means likely, I get enough time next week to write something. If everything starts deteriorating even quicker than expected and I need to work more hours then I guess I won't be able to.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 6:31am
Originally posted by bookmama bookmama wrote:

I'm a doctor so no self-isolation possible. Still hoping that, if I get through the first round which is by no means likely, I get enough time next week to write something. If everything starts deteriorating even quicker than expected and I need to work more hours then I guess I won't be able to.

Thanks for your selflessness!  What can a person say to a first rank defender?  Good luck!
SSC R1 Northern Zoo
[URL=https:[/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic