NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So... who's quarantining themselves?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So... who's quarantining themselves?
    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 3:25pm
I'm officially quarantining myself in NYC for at least the next 2 weeks... would love to find the inspiration to write, but find myself a little too high-anxiety to access creativity at the moment... Been able to edit my book a little, but I keep pulling away from it. Cooking a LOT. Working out and mediating almost every day... Still feeling really nervous about everything.

How are you all doing in light of everything?

Edited by pash - 18 Mar 2020 at 3:25pm
Twerteen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twerteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
My sister had been assigned a covid testing appt tomorrow (lack of test kits here in my sunny spot of FL) and since we've been im close contact are doing our part and self isolating.

I can work from home. Wife cannot. But we both work in LTC facilities and don't want to risk hurting our patients.

We're okay. Our son has a sore throat. Actually enjoying the extra family time, and hoping for the best. 
struthie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote struthie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:23pm
My step-father was a very laconic Australian, and he always used to say "show me one problem that worry solved". Easy enough words but not always easy to live by, I get that. But, sadly, stress and worry won't help your situation at the moment. Whenever I was getting stressed to my eyeballs just before exams I'd just picture what I would be doing immediately after the exam, which was usually going straight to the university bar. It DID help Smile So maybe find something you're looking forward to doing when isolation is over and focus on that?

There is so much we just don't see.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:30pm
Ottawa's whereabouts, here. Voluntarily isolated. 

We're working from home, and we're playing board games, and video games.

It's FUN, mind you. But I'd take afew more external social interactions. Not gonna lie. A beer and a smoke with some random freak is sounding pretty sweet right now.

Though I'd share a game of Civ VI and some Discord nonsense with any of yalls.
SSC Finals - Secret Lairs
SSC3G6 - Wish
Zelda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zelda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 11:28am
Ahhh, life as an introvert! I love it. I mean, I'm anxious, but I love the whole concept of social distancing. I don't have a single extroverted bone in my body. So I'm writing my novel and fixing up an old piece of furniture that was my grandparents', and turning it into my new media center. 
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:46pm
As far as I know, I still have work on Saturday, so no. Dogs have a silly procedure for the vet today that involves knocking on the door and handing the dogs in but they need their shots and heartworm tests before it gets any warmer (and the AC checks on the rabies date. I don't need a $300 ticket for an expired vaccine.) Need to see if the grocery store at home has rye flour for the new cookbook I got.

Days I'm not scheduled to work? I basically go to Tractor Supply and the grocery store and otherwise stay at home trying not to talk to people. That's not quarantine, that's SOP. I'm lazy on days I don't HAVE to be anywhere. (And this will make me order potting soil on line for delivery so maybe for once I'll get enough in one go. I have no excuse not to do yard work now...)
SSC 2020 R1 G77: The Artist Is Not Present
SSC 2020 R1 G14: Still Life
Wanda Jean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanda Jean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 2:30pm
Hi,  I managed to edit someone's book so thought I would be able to do my own writing.  No!  I have cooked, eaten and cleared out cupboards.  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to settle down to it.  Good luck with your writing.  Wanda 
W.J.P.
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Wanda Jean Wanda Jean wrote:

Hi,  I managed to edit someone's book so thought I would be able to do my own writing.  No!  I have cooked, eaten and cleared out cupboards.  Maybe tomorrow I will be able to settle down to it.  Good luck with your writing.  Wanda 

During my adventures in procrasticleaning rather than writing I discovered I had mustard with an expiration date from 2013. It was probably time to restock the pantry. 

I get very little writing done, but on the up side, my house is clean.
SSC 2020 R1 G77: The Artist Is Not Present
SSC 2020 R1 G14: Still Life
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:28pm
Officially restricted to my house by my doctor right now. I've had a persistent bout of bronchitis (a yearly occurrence for me), and she told me in no uncertain terms to "stay home," and if I absolutely must go out to practice safe "social distancing." <sigh>
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 9:41pm
Just practicing distancing here.  My area is pretty clear of any cases so far.  Have been doing a lot of editing and now a rewrite of a later chapter that I scrimped on to get the dam thing finished - knew I would have to but did it anyway(I do not subscribe to, the anything written is better than nothing, train of thought. That usually means and inferior and blaw piece of writing that will need to be redone).

Edited by Suave - 19 Mar 2020 at 9:41pm
SSC R1 Northern Zoo
[URL=https:[/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic