NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So, who's happy with their script?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indieme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So, who's happy with their script?
    Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 9:13pm
Personally I can't say that I'm happy or unhappy with mine.

Reason being, I haven't finished yet. Truth be told, I don't even have an idea for an ending yet. I think this might be the first time ever where I started writing without any idea whatsoever where the story was heading.

I'm also suffering from self-doubt. In the morning, everything I write seems terrible. In the evening I usually feel a little better about my stories, but I never feel they're good enough to show anyone. Wacko

How do you guys feel about your scripts?
Requiem View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 11:26pm
I'm not too happy with mine either, and it's still not finished.

All I have is 1200 words, the result of a 1 hour creative spurt.

A whole week and I've only done an hour's writing.

Fiddlesticks!
meringa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meringa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2007 at 1:35am
Hi,

Well, I'm in much the same position. Until first thing this morning I only had a vague idea as to how my (heat 6: Suspense/voicemail) story would end, and when I thought about it in detail I realised that this ending was total c***! So I did some deep thinking and finally came up with something that I hope will work.

I also find that stuff that I've written sounds okay at the beginning, but when I go back to it the next day, or whenever, I hate it. Unhappy I've been editing and re-editing my writing as I go. I'm now at around 900 words and am finally reasonably happy with the way it reads. Well, it's gonna have to do - I'm now at the 'race against time' stage to get the next 900 words written up!

Good luck everyone! Thumbs Up

richke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2007 at 3:14am
i did a revision last night and i think mine is so so....but its what i could do.  So we'll see how it odes.
Heat #18 - The Darkness Within   
http://www.richardthomaskeel.com/media/18_TheDarknessWithin.pdf
Indieme View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indieme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2007 at 11:32am
I'm okay with my story, but I don't feel great about it. I don't get that "IT" feeling about it, if you know what I mean.

After finding out yesterday that the deadline wasn't really until today I sat down and wrote a script for an unofficial competition on another site. Took me seven hours for an eight page script. Turned out pretty good. Better than the one for this competition. Well, see what happens.... Smile
yakkity View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakkity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2007 at 6:31pm
All I know is that it's a lot better than the short film script I submitted last summer. LOL.
durden7 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durden7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2007 at 6:34pm
    I feel okay about it. Could use more edits.

I mean.. SCi-Fi - Fish tank? Ouch.
leekelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leekelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2007 at 10:58pm
   Okay, so this is no excuse, but I procrastinated on starting my (Heat 5: Horror/Snow) story until last night. I am a single Dad and work has been nuts. Luckily I got a small reprieve in the form of a babysitter last night, so I finally put about 1200 words down.
Then tonight some other stuff came up, but I finished a story that I guess I'm not too happy with. There are parts of it that I love, but overall I should have given it more time to develop.
Oh well. I do like the story, but horror is usually not my thing so it feels a bit awkward. Best of luck to you all. Did anyone else submit a fairly short story as far as word count is concerned?
Lee Kelley
crlncxn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crlncxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2007 at 1:00am
Mine was 1959 if that makes you feel any better - but why the obsession with word count? (unless your story was too long and you had to cut)

And I'm happy - given that there's nothing that can be changed now - gave it my best shot and that's the most anyone can do.

And now I sound like a life coach so I'll shut up!
durden7 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote durden7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2007 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Indieme Indieme wrote:

Personally I can't say that I'm happy or unhappy with mine. Reason being, I haven't finished yet. Truth be told, I don't even have an idea for an ending yet. I think this might be the first time ever where I started writing without any idea whatsoever where the story was heading.I'm also suffering from self-doubt. In the morning, everything I write seems terrible. In the evening I usually feel a little better about my stories, but I never feel they're good enough to show anyone. How do you guys feel about your scripts?

It's not a screenplay competition. I hope you did not post a script.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>