NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So Far?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 9:14am
that would be hilarious!!!!
Michael View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 9:54am

Happy dance here, too, pro...although I do have this limp from sitting so long at my laptop. 

Funny thing happened:  When I went to submit, I double checked my last name  and heat number.  And next to my name was Heat 7.  "No!" I screamed. "I was in Heat 4!  I've written a whole script..." I nearly fainted dead away.  And then I noticed the same last name under it.  I don't see my last name that often, as it's not that common.  Relief does not begin to describe the feeling...

Great experience, though.  Brevity has taken on new meaning.  Save a word, or even a letter...save a line!  They are precious things in a 20-page script.  I don't know how many times in the last 24 hours I added a line on page 4, and the page count jumped to 21.  Had to go through and see what wasn't really "essential."

I wonder if Title/log lines will be provided for at least the heat winners.  I would think so, but I'm not sure.  That way we could at least see quick summaries of the subjects.  I'd be willing to share my script with any of the other participants.  I wonder if that could work out.
ABEAR111 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABEAR111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Michael Michael wrote:

I'd be willing to share my script with any of the other participants.  I wonder if that could work out.

After the submission deadline has passed, they are going to open up a forum where you can post your script and receive feedback from the other participants.
2184pro View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2184pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 10:06am
Michael,

Good to hear that the Happy Dance is spreading.

As for sharing scripts many people did last year once the deadline passed.

As I recall some, myself included, started new threads with links to scripts. We stated the title and logline as well as a teaser.

Back to the Office Happy Dance. High cubicle walls, you know.

John
Check out my other videos. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=2184pro
ABEAR111 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABEAR111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2006 at 10:21am
This is direct from the Q&A section:

Also, Peer Review...We have a very active forum during the screenwriting competition and we will set up a peer review forum where you can submit your script for review from the fellow writers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011